Chapter 8

Sorry for the really late update guys! Is anyone else obsessed with Taylor Swift's new song "Look What You Made Me Do"? Cause I definitely am.

Sebastian led Clary down a series of hallways and rooms. This place sent chills down her spine. It felt wrong to be here.

Clary just shrugged off the feeling. She had stopped crying a while ago. Shadowhunter's  were not suppose to cry.

Sebastian stopped at a tall wooden door, similar to all of the others. "Are you ready, my love?" A dark smirk was plastered across his face. Clary wondered at how she could have fallen in love with a face like that.

Sebastian was very handsome, but the dark look in his eyes and the way the light would hit the harsh angles of his face gave Clary chills. But Clary never really expected to find anyone to love and this boy actually loved her back so all Clary did was nod.

The door opened and revealed a very handsome golden haired boy sitting on the floor, chains around his wrists. His head was down, so Clary couldn't see what he looked like. "Look who I've brought Jace." Sebastian's smirk seemed to grow even colder. "Your first and last visitor."

Jace's head snapped up. "Clary!" He rose up from the ground and tried running towards her, but the chains prevented him from moving too​ close. Clary sneered at the Jace, causing him to look utterly confused. Sebastian wrapped an arm around Clary's waist. The touch felt very possessive to Clary, making her feel slightly uncomfortable.

"Don't you dare talk to her!" Sebastian's dark look frightened Clary, and it wasn't even directed at her. Jace, on the other hand, didn't even look mildly threatened. A nauseous feeling was starting to form in Clary's stomach. Something was wrong, but she didn't know what.

"What did you do to her?" Jace yelled at Sebastian, venom and hate coated every word. The two boys looked at each other with so much hate that Clary had a hard time telling which on hated the other more.

Even thought Sebastian and Jace looked nothing alike, something about them seemed to be so similar. Jace was brightness and light, while Sebastian was sharp edges and darkness. "Nothing she didn't want." Sebastian said to Jace, smirking. Clary mouth hung open in shock. The word may have seemed innocent, but they held a dark, sensual meaning when Sebastian said them.

Jace jerked back slightly as if someone had struck him. Clary expected to feel a dark consuming that could not ever be forgetten towards Jace, but she didn't. The wrong feeling in her stomach grew, causing her to feel dizzy.

"You bastard! How dare you touch her!" Jace's body shook in anger. Clary wanted to say something, anything, but she was unable to form words, so she was left to watch a gloating Sebastian mock a fuming Jace.

Sebastian reached to his belt and pulled out a sharp silver dagger. Clary's eyes widened as she saw it. Sebastian walked towards Jace slowly, taunting him.

"Don't worry Jace, I'll take great care of Clary when you're gone." Again Sebastian's word held a sensual meaning, mocking Jace. The light reflected off the dagger as Sebastian raised it.

Clary didn't know what but she screamed. "Wait!" The word tumbled out of Clary's mouth before she could stop it. This isn't right. Nothing about the place Clary was in right now felt right.

"Why would I wait? He killed Jonathan! You're brother!" Sebastian looked at Clary with narrowed eyes, the dagger still raised. Jace looked from the dagger to Sebastian and then to Clary, absolutely confused.

"I- I thought..." Clary's brain was absolutely jumbled. She felt sick to her stomach and her head was pounding. Clary rubbed her head, trying to relieve to tension.

Sebastian then seemed to realize something. "Oh! I forgot! You wanted your revenge. Take the dagger, my Queen." He held the dagger out to Clary waiting for her to take it. "Avenge your brother."

Clary took the dagger hesitantly. Jace was looking at her with searching golden eyes. They seemed to be begging her for something, but Clary didn't know what. The pounding in Clary's head became unbearable.

The last thing she saw was haunting golden eyes before she fell unconscious.

***

Clary woke up in the same room she had been in earlier. She was in bed with Sebastian's arms wrapped around her in a tight embrace. He was asleep, his breathing even.

"Sebastian? Sebastian wake up." Clary said lowly while trying to get out of his embrace.

"Stop moving Clary. Everythings okay. I took care of it." His voice was half drowsy, still half asleep. "You don't have to worry anymore. Jace can never hurt you again."