Chapter 6

Clary watched as Simon ran after Isabelle. A part of her didn't trust Isabelle. Ozzie, well, she is as easy to get, but also easy to lose. She would stomp on Simon's heart in high heeled boots.

"Hey, little sister. How's it going?" A familiar sarcastic voice said. Sebastian.

Clary quickly sat up, reaching towards her waist, but not finding her sword. Sebastian smirked.

"Looking for something?" He dangled Clary's  sword carelessly, mocking her.

Clary watched him carefully, not taking her eyes off him. "Jace. Give him back." Clary said demandingly. She needed Jace.

Sebastian frowned "Jace? I've offered you the world, and you want Jace?" He sounded genuinely confused.

Clary scowled "You sound confused, did you think I would want you?" She snarled at him. "I would rather die than be with you." It probably wasn't smart to anger him, but right now she didn't care.

Sebastian's eyes darkened, his face contorted with rage. His hand lifted in a flash, and he backhanded her across the face.

Clary fell to the ground, blood pouring down her cheek and onto the grass from Sebastian's ring. It stung like a bitch.

"You stupid little girl. I tried playing nice, now I'm just going to take you." Sebastian roughly pulled Clary to her feet, ignoring her cry of pain.

"It's time to go. Hope you said goodbye to everyone, because you're never going to see them again."

Sebastian then slammed his lips to Clary's. Before she could pull away, she blacked out, the last thing she saw was the Morgenstern ring laying in the grass.

***

Alec stared at the ceiling, an absentminded smile on his face. Magnus layers next to him, both of them tangled in sheets.

It had felt wrong being with Magnus while Jace is missing, but Alec needed comfort, and Magnus had been the only one by his side.

"Do you think we'll find him?" Alec asked Magnus as he watched Magnus' bare chest move up and down each time he breathed.

"Jace? Of course." Magnus said without doubt.

"How are you so sure?" Alec smiled. He had never been so happy with someone. It was going to be hard to explain to his parents that he was gay, but he would do it.

"Because you,Isabelle, and Clary are here." Alec smiled. He remembered how much he had loathed Clary. Jace had looked at her once and that was all it took. Alec remembered watching him across the lunch table as he watched Clary, he remembered thinking she's all that he sees.

But things were different now. They would get Jace back, and stop Sebastian.

The only problem was a problem Alec didn't want to think about. And that was Magnus being immortal and Alec not. But that's a problem for another day.

Before either of them could say anything else Simon and Isabelle burst through the door. They both stopped and looked anywhere else other than Magnus and Alec who were in a very intimate state.

"What happened?" Alec asked them irritability. He then felt guilty, for not figuring out a way to get Jace home.

Isabelle cleared her throat. "A dead redheaded shadowhunter was going on the steps of the Accords Hall."