Chapter 3

Sebastian and some Shadowhunters that were loyal to him approached the Institute. If Clary wouldn't join him, he would just have to make her.

Sebastian smirked as he walked through the doors. He could hear the sound of seraph blades coming to life around him. The Institute was slightly cold. Sebastian smirked when he thought of how hot it was going to be once it is in flames.

Sebastian had never been inside in Institute before he attacked the Los Angeles one. The Los Angeles one wasn't as big as this one.

Setting his followers free to attack, Sebastian went to the library. Books. Sebastian only ever had books as a child to do for free time. Sebastian hated books.

Finding the book he wanted, Sebastian called his men back. He didn't want them all to die, just some. As motivation for Clary.

Jeremy Pontmercy came out restraining a red haired woman, who struggled against him.

Smoke burned Sebastian's nostrils. Looking up, he smiled as The New York Institute burned.

***

Isabelle sighed. All Shadowhunters were told to report to Idris. Institutes were being emptied. Isabelle smiled at the thought of being with her parents and Max.

The New York Institute was set to come through the portal first. Isabelle didn't always get along with her parents, but she missed them.

Her parents weren't perfect either. Isabelle remember her mother telling her about Robert having an affair. Izzy had held a grudge against her father ever since.

Walking towards the Accords Hall slightly faster, Isabelle noticed Shadowhunters emerging from there homes in panic. Something bad had happened.

Isabelle was out of breath from running by the time she reached The Accords Hall. Alec came up beside her looking just as confused.

Pushing past people Isabelle came to the front of the crowd.

The portal just closed, but that's not what caught Isabelle's attention.

Mayrse Lightwood was on the ground sobbing hold something in her arms.

Isabelle moved forward and saw it wasn't something it was someone. Max was in her arms, still and unmoving.

Alec realized before Isabelle and started yelling at the Consul. All Isabelle could her was the blood rushing in her vein.

Max. Isabelle felt the realization come crashing down on her.

Max is dead