Chapter 7

Clary stretched her aching muscles as she sat up, feeling like she had been hit by a bulldozer. She sat up and looked around her, completely unable to remember how she got her. In fact she couldn't anything.

She was on a large king size bed with black silky sheets. The room was sorta messy and sprawled. The large window across the room let in a gray light.

The door opened and a boy walked in. He had almost paper white hair that contrasted starkly with his black eyes, and had a whippet thin, muscular body. He was handsome. Runes cover his arms. Shadowhunter, Clary smiled. She was safe.

But everything about the boy made him look like a predator."Who are you?" Clary asked, her voice slightly uneven.

The boy stopped in his tracks, looking confused. "Uh, Sebastian." The boy, Sebastian, looked dazed before he smirked, and realization came to him. Realization of what, Clary didn't know.

All Clary knew was that she had been going to Idris, to go to the Shadowhunter Academy. She could remember nothing other than walking through the portal,that a warlock named Magnus Bain had made, and that was it.

"I don't know who you are. Where am I?" Clary demanded. Everything about the place she was in felt wrong. Sebastian only smiled.

"It seems you may have amnesia. I don't know how severe, but I can tell you what's happened." He spoke in an almost smug tone. Clary's head was spinning. Amnesia? That can't be true.

"You came to school September 18, It is June 24 today." He continued, "We met at school, we fell in love."

Liar, Clary wanted to shout, but she couldn't. She wasn't sure about this whole situation, but she knew she probably had missed quite a bit of time.

Sebastian than looked at her desperately"You really don't remember me?" Clary just shook her head.

Sebastian sighed in frustration. "You had been kidnapped by your brother, Jace."

Jace? Jonathan was her brother. Clary opened her mouth to speak, but Sebastian beat her to it. "Jonathan died. But you have another brother Jace, your mother never told you about."

"No! Stop lying! Jonathan is alive." Clary cried out. This had to be some sort of sick joke. But Sebastian wasn't smiling or laughing. He looked sad and sorrowful.

"I wish I was lying. I'm so sorry Clary." He wrapped his arms around Clary as she sobbed. "Jace killed him. I helped you escape him. Jace is now being held prisoner in the dungeons."

Clary nodded and wrapped her arms around Sebastian. Had she really been in love with him? She didn't know, but she did feel a connection to him, as if he looked familiar. It may not be love, but it was something.

"Can I see him?" Clary asked once she had calmed down.

Sebastian smirked. "Why?" He reached down and gently tugged on one of Clary's curls.

"I want to avenge my brother. I want revenge." Sebastian smiled his dark eyes looked at Clary in awe.

"Then you shall have your revenge,my love."