Chapter Twenty One

Autumn had arrived pretty fast, orange and brown crispy leaves filled the school grounds outside my history class window. I sat mesmerized as I watched a withered leaf break from the branch and twirl down in spirals as it blew in the cold autumn wind before it landed on a pile of other shriveled leaves. 

Today was the day it was finally 'The Halloween Ball'. Aubrey, Bria and I had been working hard on the decorations for the past couple of weeks. Everyone seemed excited about it and the energy in school a was ecstatic, talks of what people were going to dress up as and who their dates were going to be made the day go quicker. The girls and I had arranged to pick up our costumes after school from the shop.

The bell signaled for the end of the day, I quickly grabbed my things and headed out to the parking lot. Chad was leaning against his car as he chatted to Scott and Bria. 

"Hey beautiful, good day?" Chad asked pulling me into his chest. 

"Yeah it was ok, you remembered I'm going to get my costume in a min with the girls and I'm getting ready at Aubrey's?" I smiled as he softly kissed my forehead. 

"Yes, yes I remember baby and I will pick you up with Scott around 7. I've got this, trust me!" He winked at me then slammed his lips against mine. 

I never got tired of feeling his soft lips against mine, every kiss was just as good as the first one we ever shared. 

"Please let go of each other so we can go and get our costume!" Aubrey laughed sarcastically pulling at my arm. 

"Hey back off Aub I'm not going to see her for a few hours this is a big deal for us," he pouted kissing my hand. 

I started to laugh as I followed Aubrey to her car. "Don't forget 7!" I shouted as I closed the door. I couldn't wait to see what Chad would be wearing he kept it a secret from me, the girls knew what he was going to be and told me that I would love it so that just made it even more exciting.

I stood in front of the full length mirror in Aubrey's en suite, I ran my hands down my thighs as I looked at my reflection unsure. The black leather was skin tight to my curvy body. I pulled the black sequined cat mask down over my eyes and dropped my wavy hair down so it hung loosely past my shoulders. My foot slid perfectly into my new black heels which made me look a few inches taller. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open. Aubrey and Bria stood still and stared at me. 

"Is it too much? I should change," I said grabbing at my leggings. 

"Oh. My. God. You look amazing! Like seriously Lis I think I'm in love with you!" Bria smiled walking towards me. 

"Meeoowww, girl you look hot!" Aubrey laughed. "Chad won't be able to keep his hands off you!" 

"Neither will I," Bria laughed spanking my bum. 

"Bria!" I shrieked. "Are you sure it's ok guys? How the hell cat woman swings from building to building with this suit so tight I will never know." 

After a few drinks Bria was all dressed as a playboy bunny she looked very slutty which she was pleased about seems that's the look she was going for. Aubrey looked gorgeous as always dressed as a cave girl, her dress hung perfectly off her smooth shoulder, she wore paint across her cheeks and held a blow up club in her hand.  

The door bell rang and we quickly gulped down the last bit of our vodka. As we got to the front door the three of us stood shocked as we watched the lads climb out of a black limo.  

"What the...” Bria screamed as she ran into Scott's arms. 

"You like it baby? It was Chad idea," Scott smirked spinning her around.