Chapter 25- Dinner Talk

a/n: this is a longer update to make up for my inactivity. hang tight!

"Hey sleeping beauty!"

Someone poked my shoulder, and as my eyes fluttered open I came face to face with Baekhyun.

"I would kiss you awake like the movie, but that's Xiumin's job and he's still getting changed out of his stage outfit."

I couldn't help but smile. "You know Baekhyun, I'm really thankful for everything you've done and helped me with. From the moment I stepped through the door of your dorm all of you guys have been looking after me and I don't know how I can repay you."

"Why does it sound like you're saying goodbye?" Baekhyun questioned.
"We won't let you leave, you are one of us now."

As I yawned and adjusted myself on the chair that was still facing the backstage monitor, Baekhyun reached forward and ruffled my hair.

"Hey!" I swatted his hands away, both of us laughing.

He came around to the front of me and pulled me to a standing position. With his hands on my shoulders he turned me around and gently pushed me towards the change rooms as he spoke. "Aren't you forgetting that you promised you would come with us to the BBQ restaurant? Go, get changed and get ready! The other members are still changing, you should still have some time before we leave," he urged.

"Right, I will! Thanks Baekhyun!" I shouted as I walked through the backstage door and into my dressing room.

I changed into some spare clothing I brought with me. I slipped on my black ripped jeans and a light pink pullover sweater before brushing through the curls put in my hair and pulling it up into a ponytail. The makeup artist artist was kind enough to offer some touch ups again, which I agreed to. Being in this backstage environment was still something that felt foreign to me, but hopefully with more exposure to these experiences I would get used to it.

I grabbed my purse and ran out of the change room towards the backstage door, and luckily caught the members and the managers before they started separating into groups for transportation. I came to a stop beside Xiumin and Chen, deciding to sit beside them in the backseat of the van for the short ride to the restaurant. 

"I was about to go and wake you up but I guess someone else beat me to it," Xiumin mumbled as he took his hand in mine and we piled into one of the two black fans.

As one of their managers started the van, Chen finally finished clicking his seatbelt into place and sighed back into his seat. "I don't know why, but I always get so nostalgic when we gather together in vans. From debut to when Kitkay joined us, such memorable moments have happened in vans."

"I never would have imagined Chen to be deep and nostalgic. Lay, Suho, and Kyungsoo better fit the existential crisis personality, this is weird," Chanyeol interrupted.

Baekhyun chuckled. "You're lucky that the three of them are in the other van because I'm pretty sure all of them would've just kicked your ass."

"That may be one of the reasons I said it just now."

Baekhyun turned around and looked at us from where he was sitting together with Chanyeol in the middle of the six person van. He over dramatically rolled his eyes which earned him a few smacks from Chanyeol.

"I never said that I didn't agree with you!" Baekhyun defended himself from Chanyeol's long arms. "If anything I think that Kitkay should be added to that list. She gave this whole speech earlier when I woke her up about how grateful she is that we accepted her into our lives."