Teddy Lupin

It was the first of September and my last year at Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardry. I was at King's Cross Station, pushing my laden trolley towards platform 9 and 3/4. I was wearing muggle clothes - just a hoodie and jeans - but I didn't see the point as I was already drawing attention to myself with my large bull toad and trunk. I was soon facing the seemingly solid wall between platforms nine and ten. I drew breath and next thing I knew, I was facing a large and magnificent scarlet steam train, robed children carrying owls and battered broomsticks, saying goodbyes and leaning out of the train windows. Glancing at the hanging clock, I saw that it was five to eleven.

I walked past carriages full of laughing pupils eating sweets and I caught snippets of whispered conversations as I walked to the back of the train and opened the carriage door. I sat down opposite Victoire Weasley, her silvery hair cascading over her shoulder. She smiled at me as I sat down, taking her attention away from the misty window. A draft blew through the door as it slammed shut, ruffling my vivid blue hair. The trolley witch came past an hour or so later and I bought a pumpkin pasty and a liquorice wand. We sat for a while, eating and talking about the coming year. Then I pulled on my robes and fastened my shiny yellow prefect's badge. We lugged out our trunks to Hogsmeade Station and towards the Thestral-drawn carriages that took us up to the spectacular grounds of Hogwarts. Victoire paused to stroke the reptilian wings of a Thestral affectionately and then with a swish of her veela-like hair, we were in the carriages and trundling up to the castle.