Chapter 3

Authors note:
Good news guys; I'm not dead! *hides face in shame*
I can't even give an excuse as to why I haven't been updating other than having a full time job. I'm sorry! Anyways, please enjoy this next chapter. I'll be updating again tomorrow so stay tuned!
I love you all! Please continue to comment and share!

Previously in chapter 2...

"Wait you..you're taking me to him?" I whisper, my body tensing with terror and the brute laughs again at the panic in my voice. "I sure am sweetheart. You heard of 'em then?" He states more than asks. I hear a growl and he instantly stops walking and sets me down in front of him. My body instantly relaxes some and I take a few steps back only to feel arms circle around my waist and a warm breath at my neck. I try to move away but whoever this guys is has arms like steel. His lips press against the back of my neck and down to my shoulder before I feel him lightly bite my ear; "Do tell me, my precious mate, what've ye heard about me?"

*Chapter 3*

Fear. Pure icy fear runs through my veins chilling me to the bone when I feel his chest vibrate from his voice. If any of the 7 gods are listening; please,  help me.

"Are ye deaf my little one?" I couldn't move or think straight with him being this close to me. Never had a man gotten this close to me, let alone close enough to kiss my neck. I didn't know what to do.

I felt him start to shake slightly as he chuckled, "Do not be afraid of me love, only my enemies should be afraid; but never ye." I felt his lips press into my neck again and his grip get slightly tighter as he whispered "Ye only have to worry about us getting home before I ravish ye fully."

That knocked some sense into my foggy brain and I instantly pulled on the rope that was still tied to my, now bloody, wrists.
"You will do no such thing, you beast of a man! You have no right to me! Let go of me this instant!" I yelled but my efforts to get away were futile and only brought his attention to my wrists.
A furious sounding growl erupted from his chest and I instantly froze, the noise sending more icy fear through me. Carefully he turned me around and untied the rope, letting it fall to the ground as he lifted my hands up to inspect the damage.
His breathing turned heavy as he took in the raw, scraped, and bloody mess and closed his eyes before he calmly turned to the brute that carried me here.
"Tell all the men to meet at the northern pass in an hour, no exceptions."
The brute nodded carefully and with wide eyes, while turning around to sprint away into the woods.
While the exchange was happening between captor A and captor B; the frigid air and exhaustion hit me as I started to sway.
After captor A was out of sight, Xavier turned back to me; gently pulling my wrists up to inspect them.
"Would ye like to tell me who dared to bind ye, little one?" His voice was soft but the threat of death to whom did it was clear as spring water.
Thinking back to Zach I instantly broke down; how could I forget my best friend and closest guard was now dead? Tears ran down my face in hot streams and my body started to shake; partially from the cold but mostly from the crippling sadness.
I couldn't think straight as a sob escaped me,

"Your monsters murdered him" My voice broke as I whispered his answer. All the rage, sadness, fear, and exhaustion surfaced before I could control it and I..
..I slapped him before collapsing to the ground, crying and mourning for my dearest friend. I couldn't believe Zach was dead.