The Last Picture Show

Beginne am Anfang

Betty shrugs it off, "Yeah, I'm just thinking. Um...maybe Rebel Without a Cause?"

Jughead shares a look with her.

"Here you go, kids," Hermione gives Jughead and Veronica their food.

"Thanks, Mom."

While Jug continues to rant and Kevin throws movie suggestions out, Cheryl's stuck up voice catches all of their attention.

Cheryl holds on to her money that Hermione is there to collect for her meal. Loudly, for the entire diner to hear, Cheryl says, "Be sure to put all that cash in the register. You are a Lodge, after all, and Lodges are known to have sticky fingers."

Mickey is the first to get up and Veronica follows close behind.

"Cheryl—"

Mickey cuts off her sister and gives Cheryl the bitchiest look she can muster, "Who do you think you are?"

Hermione holds up her index finger to stop her daughters. "Girls, I got this. Cheryl, I went to school with your mother. She didn't know the difference between having money and having class either."

Cheryl's tightens her lips together, clearly not use to being put in her place often.

Hermione takes the money from Cheryl and the girls return to their seats.

The bells chime over the door.

Kevin nods in the direction of the entrance, "Now, that's an odd combo of people."

They all turn to see who he's talking about.

Archie looks over at his friends' table and he seems them all gawking, for a few different reasons. He knows mostly it's because they're surprised to see him, his Dad, and Ms. Grundy together.

"I'll be right back," Betty stands.

"Jug, do something," Mickey tells him.

"Betty," Jughead tries to reason with her, "no. Don't."

She ignores him and walks right over to Archie's table.

"Wait, what's happening?" Kevin looks between Jughead and Mickey.

Jughead looks at Mickey with his wife blue eyes, but she's too busy watching Betty and Archie go outside.

This can't be good.

Mickey decides to join them.

"Jughead knows about this?" Betty is asking Archie when Mickey steps outside. Then she notices Mickey's presence. "You knew about this?"

"It's not what you're thinking." Archie tries.

"So, it's platonic?"

Mickey comments, "Okay, well, maybe it's a little like what you're thinking."

"Archie," Betty deadpans. "Are you and Ms. Grundy, like, together, like, romantically?" She's clearly disgusted and disturbed by the thought.