Chapter 13: The 25th of December

Tues, 25.12.17 - Christmas Day,
"♫We wish you a Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year!♫"
Lucia awoke to the melody of the carol. She groaned. Why were some people singing at this time?
She got up and looked at the calender. 25 December.
Wait. 25 December?! It's Christmas!
Lucia recalled what happened the day before. Family, the carol, the dinner,... It wasn't a dream!

"So, you're finally awake? We were waiting for you so we could open the presents," Lucy's voice snapped Lucia out of her thoughts.
"I didn't know the whole family slept here," Lucia voiced out her thoughts.
Lucy approached her. "Traditions," she replied. "Now, get out of here! We have to open the presents and remove the stockings!" and with that Lucy was out of the bedroom.
Lucia was confused. Presents? Stockings? Morning?

Lucy bent down near the Christmas tree to take a closer look. She has seen a small, silver-wrapped present and wondered if it was for her. Her thoughts were confirmed true.
For my dearest sister, Lucy - from Lucia.
She was both surprised and touched. Lucia got a gift for her?
She opened the box gently, and cried when she saw what was inside it.
A small clutch in book-form, of purple colour, that was just for her.

Lucia got out of the bedroom, still dressed in her comfy PJs and was greeted by-"Merry Christmas!"Lucia stood still, dumbfounded

"Merry Christmas!"
Lucia stood still, dumbfounded. The whole family had greeted her. But she slowly started to smile.
"Merry Christmas," she replied.

A short while later, after everybody had opened their prsents, Mary invited her grandchildrens to sit near her. She was going to tell them a story.
"Yay! A stowy!" John Jr. was happy.
"Gramma will tell us a stowy. Come, Courtny!" Jane dragged Courtney towards their maternal grandmother.
"Okay," Courtney awkwardly replied.

Mary Grandmother started.
"Once, there was an old man. He was named Ebenezer Scrooge. He hated Christmas. But this year was going to be different..."
The children listened intently.

"... and as from that day, Mr. Scrooge became a nice man, who loved Christmas. The end."
By the time Mary was done, the whole family was sitting near her and was listening.
Mary chuckled. They all looked like children!

Well, they kind of became children. You see, 'twas snowing outside, so everybody got into winter wear and started playing.
Everybody but Lucia. She was standing on the threshold of the front door. Should I join them? She wasn't sure. Her sister approached her.
"Why aren't you joining them?" she inquired.
"I'm not sure if I should," Lucia revealed.
"It's Christmas! You should let go of everything negative and enjoy herself!"
A smile made its way to Lucia's lips. She didn't know who she would have become without her sister. So, she joined her family for the fun.

"Thank ya for havin' invited us zis Christmas. 'Twas awesome!" Bex thanked her Lucy. She then turned towards Lucia, "Thank ya for comin'. I hope we are friends?" Lucia nodded.
Everybody was leaving the Scarlet residence after lunch. They had a lot of fun.

Lucia was the last one to leave. Before she did so, however, she thanked and hugged her sister. She then turned to Josh.
"When is the next therapy session?" she asked.
"Tommorow," he replied.
"Don't forget to come again soon, Autie!" Courtney winked.
"I will," Lucia promised with a small smile.
She then made her way back home, leaving the Scarlet's to clean the mess that their family had made.

Lucia walked down the busy streets of CityVille, mumbling a "Merry Christmas!" every now and then.
She was amazed at how festive the townspeople were at his peroid of the year.

She got home and pondered over happened this Christmas. Her heart felt so happy. Happy like she had never been. Her family was nice, caring and affectionate. She didn't know she had such a large family to begin with!
She was eager to tell her thoughts to the therapist the next day. She certainly had a lot to tell...

Author's Note:
Mary Grandma told a story in this chapter. Title: A Christmas Carol. It was written by Charles Dickens.
(c)All Rights Reserved.
For those who don't know it, a "clutch" is a small purse carried by women.