Chapter Eleven - Meet and Greet

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping and cop cars whining. I hate them but I also love them. I look on my left and still see Jerome asleep. I lightly touch my scar and trace it. It hurts but it's recovering. Still a little red. I quietly get out of the bed and silently open the door to my room, leaving Jerome in his room alone.

I creak open the door of mine and see Tessa in my temporary room while glazing around the room, sitting down on my bed. I give her a friendly death stare and she quickly runs away. I enter my room and straight away go to the shower. I strip my clothes off my throw them in the laundry basket while entering into the jacuzzi. I slightly apply my conditioner onto my hair and nicely wash my hair. And I apply my shampoo and wash my hair again.

After the shower, I put on my clothes and dry my hair. At the end of drying my hair, I see a slight of red colouring on my towel and my hands. I look at my hair and quickly run through it. TESSA!!!

"Thanks Tess!" I groan and grab my pocket knife and put it inside my pocket. She applied dye into my conditioner and it is Crimson Red! It's so noticeable! God DAMN IT TESSA! I grab my phone and earphones and quickly run downstairs to give her a piece of my mind and a punishment, more like a mark.

I reach downstairs and see Jane sitting down with Sam, Bryan and Jerome wrapping his hands on another girl's waist, sitting beside a blonde girl and Tessa sitting right next to Jerome. Tessa. Tsk Tsk, you're gonna get it.

I run to Tessa and grab her neck and place the knife on her neck, ready to slice it. I smile at her while watching her in horror.

"I thought you would just cry and dump yourself under a bridge, but this... I never thought of it!" Tessa mumbles nervously.

"Now you will," I say, "and watch what you're doing, it may cause a bunch a shit going around."

Jerome looks at me and lightly pulls me away from Tessa. I struggle but couldn't ,an age it do it since he is too strong. I grumpily give up and waddle beside Jane, Jerome has my knife, so?

"Meet my, uh, friend," Jerome smiles while pointing at her, "her name is Dandy DeFanners. I slightly giggle at the name while my friends do the same too.

"Hello Dandy DeFanners!" Tessa greets happily. Such a pathetic faker.

"Hi (y/n)!" Dandy ignores Tessa and greets me instead. Her blonde curls tied into a ponytail. And I simply greet back and we start talking.

"How long have you known Jerome?" I ask her.

"Two weeks before he killed his mother," she answers, "he keeps talking about you."

"Oh, um, wow?"

"Yeah, wow, trust me, he's a charmer, you'll get under his spell."

I'm already under his spell.

I smile at her and kindly excused myself because I need some air. Jerome, I can't believe it. His red fiery hair, his green-blue eyes, his maniacal laughter, he is real. It's been 4 months and I am still not used to it. Sigh. Sam comes out to the balcony and stands beside me. He sighs and looks at me, strangely.

"He is crazy," Sam sighs.

"I know," I agree.

"I can't believe he's real," I mumble under my breath. I hold my hand and look up at the grey, smoky sky. So real, so natural, so Gotham-like. I look around me and see Sam looking at me, still.

"Do you like Jerome?" Sam asks curiously. I look at him inside his eyes and I can see that he's willing to know that. But I can't tell them, yet. I smile and shake my head no so he nods. He knows. He definitely knows.

*Flashback: 1 year ago*

Marlin enters the school van and looks at me. She glares at the girl beside me, Megan, and sits beside me instead. She talks to me the whole the day but I can think about is Jerome.

"Are you thinking about him?" she asks me.

"Yes," I sigh unwillingly. I didn't want to think about him, but I can't stop.

"You know, I actually-" I said but she cuts me off.

"I know, you're in love with Jerome Valeska, Jerome is your world, he is your everything. You can't live without him. You need him. You love him more than anything. We know, (y/n), we know!" You know, actually I wanted to say that.

*Back to reality*

Jerome comes towards me and stands beside me while Sam gives me a frown and walks away. I look at Jerome with a sad face. I need to tell him.

"Jerome."

"Yes darlin'?"

"Stop it with the pet names."

He laughs.

"I need to, uh, go home."

"Why?"

"I need to show them who I really am, my friends, my family, my enemies."

"I'll give you two weeks, (y/n)."

"Thanks J."

I walk away from Jerome and went inside. I need to speak with Dandy, girl talk. Only us. No Tessa, she's a scumbag. No Jane, she's too.. you know... Uh, eh? Only the ones who knows Jerome more.

I grab Dandy's hand and drag her to my room with her even knowing why. She just follows me ahead and I let her go once we reach inside and I lock the door.

"Why?" she asks.

"Do you-"

"I don't like him." I nod my head and find my bag. "I need to know more 'bout him." She nods and tells me about his age and their pasts. In the circus. His mother was always drunk and always abused Jerome. Haha, I mean, sad life. I dug my way inside my messy closet to find some useful clothes to wear on the days when I return back home for only some short time. He says that he would mack another entrance but to my classroom instead to get me back, so I'll have to act good. Wait, why am I agreeing to this?! I find my travel bag and stuff all my things inside and I place my bag underneath my bed.

"We used to be best friends, since his mother's death, he disappeared."

I sigh and look at her pitifully. I have a little feeling inside of me that she used to love him, but not anymore now. How sad, how pitiful, how pathetic. I don't have feelings, I'm just an ordinary girl with a strange personality. A very strange one.

I promise you guys, I will get my revenge on you. Or maybe a warning.