Chapter Three - Unexpected Behaviour

Buzz Buzz

Oh please no!

"(Y/N)! Wake up! It's 12:30pm!"

Ahh! I can't take it!

"Go AWAY!"

I hide my face and close my ears with my pillow while Tessa and Jane jumps on top of me.

"Go away, please, I beg you," I beg, I need sleep so badly. So I get out of bed and walk into the toilet to shower and change my clothes. After finishing my shower, I slowly walk down the stairs to make the day go faster, but too bad I trip onto something and fell. But someone caught me. I look up and and see Sam.

"Uh, thanks," I huff. We don't treacle talk that much together, we don't actually talk to each other. I don't even know why. "It's okay," he said and left. At least he broke the awkwardness. Huh.

I walk around the living room finding something to do but suddenly the two girls burst into the room, again, and drag me somewhere.

"Here," Tessa says while giving me a letter.

It reads,

Dear Tessa, (y/n), Jane, Sam and Bryan,

                            I have some business to do so you guys do whatever you want, except for going out. I've got my cults to supervise you all so.. Uh, yeah.

-The Jerome Valeska, the great, one and only! :P

Haha, lol. He must have found me on Instagram.

"What are you wearing?" Jane asks.

"Not too plain, not too girly, not too sparkly," I reply.

They let me go so all I could think of doing is reading, baking or watching TV. So I did reading. Wattpad is my favourite app so I've got what I had to do.

~Time Skip: 3 hours later~

Jerome enters the house angrily with a frown on his face.

"We are going in an hour," he says and everyone goes back into their rooms. I ask Tessa about what is going on and she tells me that we are going to a party Bruce Wayne is hosting.

I go back to my room and change into something not so dress but dressy. I know it sounds weird and the only thing I found is a red and white dress. "Meh, it's okay."

I walk out of my room and see everyone looking at me as though I am a queen or something. Jerome isn't here yet so I can look through my Instagram.

Then Jerome comes out, fixing his tie. I roll my eyes at the way the girls are looking at him. Dude, are you kidding me right now?

~Time Skip: 1 hour later~

Finally we arrived at Bruce Wayne's party! Oh gosh, the ride was boring, everyone was on their phone. But luckily Jerome turned on the radio.

Suddenly, I bump into someone and fell on the ground hardly. Oh gosh, it hurt so bad!

"Oh my god, are you okay? I'm so sorry!" the guy apologise. I look up to see who it is and there, um.. Bruce Wayne. Let's pretend that I don't know him.. 😁😁

"Uh, nah, it's okay, I'm not hurt!" I say, when it hurt so bad, really bad. I quickly run back to my friends. Then I see Jerome, standing in the balcony. I hope doesn't do something bad.

I follow him cause I am really bored and my friends are pushing me away because they are talking about something I don't know. Probably some gossip shit. I hate that, and them.

I walk out to the balcony and stand beside Jerome. Or should I say, Jerkome. You get it? Jerk plus Jerome equals Jerkome. Okay, never mind.

"Yo," I casually say as he looks at me.

"Hey," he says. Is he gonna sabotage this party. My mind is running!

"You're not gonna sabotage this party, are you?" I ask, worrying about what happens if I loose my life. Everything will go COMPLETELY nutz!

"Nah, I'm too, uh, tired," he replies back. Oh gosh, it is not Jerome Valeska's behaviour at all. He couldn't possibly give up on killing, not even a day! Looks like Jerome's taki g a little break from his hobby, job, whatever he calls it. I go back inside the hall when the music started playing and everyone started dancing. You know, the.. um.. dance.. where only two people dances? Yeah, that dance.

I walk around and sometimes bump into some couples while they are dancing and finally found my friend's table. I sit down there until I see Bruce spotted me.

He is walking towards me until he reaches my table.

"Hey, aren't you the girl I bumped into?" he asks. I nod.

"Bruce, Bruce Wayne," he says. I tell him my name.

"Wanna dance?" he asks nervously. Oh. Crap. What about Selina Kyle? What about.. wait.. Then I realise he asked me that in front of my friends. I turn my head around to see Sam and Bryan's face is shock and Tessa and Jane are nodding at me. So all I had to say is "yes, okay."

He holds my hand and leads me the way to the ballroom while I look at my friends with a 'what the heck am I gonna do' face. As we reach the ballroom floor, we have to dance like how the others are dancing, so we just follow.

"Let's know more about each other," Bruce says eagerly.

"Whatcha wanna know 'bout me?" I ask, making sure he doesn't ask irrelevant questions.

"How old are you?" he asks.

"13," I answer back, so I ask the same question too.

"14." I smile. He is just one year older than me, but the psychopath is 5 years older than me. Wow.

I am about to ask where his parents are but I remember that he has no parents. They're dead. Okay, I think it's kinda mean to say it like that.. but it's true. They are dead. Okay I'll stop talking now.

~Time Skip: 2 hours later~

The ride was quiet and long. We just sat there quietly while Jerome drives angrily. Well, he did look angry.

Then we finally reach home. I am about to go upstairs when Jerome stops me and spins me around, making me face him. The rest of the people becomes scared and quiet while Jerome starts to lecture me. I think.

"You talked to Bruce Wayne, didn't you?" he asks angrily.

"Y-yes," I answer, trembling because it is too cold and I need to change into something comfy, "I am very surprised that you didn't kill or explode the whole place out."

"We are not talking about that!" Jerome shouts loudly and angrily. I can see the anger in his eyes, and the jealousy too. He leans close to me.

"Never talk to him again," he warns. Then Jerome leaves. My friends look at me in fear and confusion. Damn right guys, I'm having the same feeling as you guys are having right now.

Go change into your pjs. Then forget the night. But not Bruce Wayne.

I'm really getting this day done.

I hate you, ginger..