01

songs for the chapter:

the one that got away - katy perry
all too well - taylor swift
november - gabrielle aplin

" losing someone you love is
hard, but forgetting them is harder. "

[01] begin again

I quietly sat on one of the table, not bothering if I even have any company around the big table or not. I didn't care though, I know for the next three seconds the three would come along and join me on the table-- like they always did, guard me wherever I go.

A slight pat on my shoulder was the signal that they finally arrive from taking their food. I sighed mentally and look down on the table, hearing every chair pulling out for them to take their seats. A hair fell down my eye and I didn't care if it's blocking half of my eyesight. I look up to see Ashton, smiling at me warmly. I tried to flex every muscle of my mouth to curve into a smile but it just won't, I was probably very tired and the eyebags down my eyes were the evidence.

"I thought you decided to be a vegan!" My head snap towards Renee who slap her boyfriend's hand away from his own food. Ashton pulled out a pout and Renee, rolling her eyes towards her boyfriend's gesture.

"I said to try but it's so hard, Rens." Ashton chuckles, his adams apple bobbing up and down from here. His girlfriend rolled her eyes again and shook her head in disappointment. If I didn't misheard her, she muttered a whatever.

"Will you two shut it." Acer groans, obviously jealous of the couple who's annoying each other's out. There goes the bitter one. I chuckled towards his sudden outburst, looking at Acer in a teasing way.

"Don't be bitter, Ace." Ace rolled his eyes, scoffing from my remark. I shook my head in aw and coughed. "Just because--" He immediately held his hand up to shut me up and I oblige right away, or else we would put on a big fight.

"Don't talk about it." Ace groans, a frown plastered on his face. Obviously, not wanting to talk about his ex-girlfriend and how their break up was a tragedy.

"Sure."

Probably it was very hard for Ace to break their once strong relationship just because Zeus, his ex-girlfriend's father, didn't want them together. Tragic, isn't it. The bad thing about Ace was he didn't fight for Safeira, they didn't fight for their love. Ace let her go even if it's hard for him to, but if I was him-- I fought for the girl. My trian of thoughts suddenly disappeared when a tray was drop on the table, making everyone on the table stop and stare up to the girl who stood there, in my favourite sweater. I heard a groan from Ace, muttering swear words under his breath. I brushed off his comments about her because I didn't care enough, everyone hated us together but I didn't give a fuck about it.

"Calum." She called after me, I look down my palms before looking up at her. I stood up and towered the brunette, her green eyes flashing up to meet my hazel brown ones. I smiled down at her and laced our fingers together.

I kissed her forehead once before she sat down and drag me with her. Her braided hair was placed on her left side and I smiled on how beautiful my girlfriend was. She smiled down the table before she looked at me with meaningful eyes that said how much she loves me.

"Cal," Ashton's voice booms in and the both of us turning towards his direction. I look back at her, chuckling to the situation that was identical to most times our nicknames being called. We have the same nickname, and our friends call us Cal which was obviously confusing for the both of us. "I mean, Cal-lum." He emphasizes, sending me a knowing look. I nodded and I felt her squeezing my hand.

"What?"

"Are you going to do your project tonight?" He bit his lower lip, waiting for my response.

"Yeah, actually we're going to." I refer towards Calia and she smiled sweetly back at me.

"So, you're not shape-shifting tonight?"

"Sure." I shrug my shoulders. Ashton nodded and looked at his girlfriend, smiling as if he was looking at his whole world.

Acer pulled out from his chair and stood up, leaving us so sudden without even saying anything. I was going to follow him but Calia stop me so, so I oblige and sat with her. Acer might be bipolar but I understood his moodswings already, it started when I knew about him being alone. He didn't have any family around, since his parents were on the other side of the world and didn't even bother to call him or check if he's even doing fine. Acer hated them so much but he hated being alone-- especially now that Safeira and him was officially over.

After that interaction with my few friends, Calia and I headed back to my house to start with our school project.

I knock on the door of my house before I hear some noises inside and a faint voice from my sister, saying a wait up. I smiled down my girlfriend who was squeezing my hand tightly, she look up to me and sighed smiling. She was still having an awkward feeling around my sister, she always did since we started dating about two months ago, she never felt good around Mali and I don't understand why.

The door flung open and it revealed my sister who's up for messy buns and sweatpants. She smiled weakly towards us, obviously the sleep wasn't still rub off her.

"Come in," She shortly says before erupting a yawn, her hand clapping down her mouth.

"Hey, Calia." Mali smiled at her and she suddenly tensed but smiled back at my sister. "Hi, Mali."

"We're going to do our project." I say and Mali nodded, approving. "Sure."

I brought Calia with me up the stairs, directly to my room. She sat on my bed, getting used to the coldness of my room.

"I'll get some juice." I said, closing the door afterwards and running downstairs before I stop on my tracks, as I heard Mali talking.

"Wha-at? You found her? Wh-where?" I bit my lower lip and my eyebrows furrowed, confusion running in my head.

"Yes, I'm coming. Where? Okay." She ended the call and walk right up to the door, before noticing me frozen.

"Calum?" She seemed shock seeing me, and I knew from that moment Mali was hiding something from me.

"Where you going?" I played it cool, acting as if I didn't heard her at all. "I-I'm going to meet an old friend." She stammered, why was Mali stammering?

"Okay. Take care." I said, making my way to the kitchen and ignoring her, if it's something so important I let her be but I can't take it if it's something I need to know but she decided to hide it from me.

a/n: book two baby! yay chapter one is up and i know its kind of shitty, sorry. but heyyyy, calum and calia's togetherrr watcha think about it ha. xx calumcold