Chapter 10 - Runaway

"What do you mean Zen was in the market?" Yuki questioned eagerly.

"He wasn't just there, he was looking for me. That's why I have to leave. Now." She continued packing her things.

"You're leaving? Shirayuki, are you sure about this."

"Yes, I dint want him getting hurt again because of me. Him being alive is one thing but if I hurt him ever again, I'd never be able to forgive myself." A tear rolled down Shirayuki's cheek.

"Shirayuki, are you really okay?"

"I'm fine." She wiped her tears away, and stormed out the door.

'I can't face him, not yet. Not after what happened. I need to go far away, far enough so that I won't see him again, I can't bear the pain of seeing him get hurt again because of me. It's all because of me, because of me.'

***

"Over here, sir. This is where we found the teen you were talking about."

"So you mean she was.... Already dead?" Zen replied.

"Yes, but I'm not sure how if they were male or female."

"What do you mean, your not sure."

"I mean that after we found them, Yuki, our local healer took them so we never got a chance to have a look but a few weeks before that, we did find a dead body."

"A dead body, do you know who it was?" Zen asked him, quickly.

"No, but it was a boy who was around fifteen or sixteen and they had the mark for The Claw of the Sea. It's scary, knowing there were pirates lurking around here." The fisherman replied.

"Who could it be? Hey, you mentioned a girl called Yuki, the towns healer?"

"Yes, I did."

"Do you know where she is at the moment? I'd like to meet her if possible."

"Sure, I can lead you there if you'd like."

'I don't know who this Yuki is but she might have a connection to Shirayuki.'

***

'KNOCK, KNOCK'

"Hello, is there anyone there?"

'KNOCK KNO-' The knocking was interrupted by Yuki opening the door.

"Umm... Yes?" Yuki questioned, confused.

"Hello, are you this town's healer, Yuki?"

"Yes... I am. And who might you be?"

"My name is Zen Wistaria. I come from Clarinece, I heard that a few weeks ago you took a young person into your care. I'd like to ask of their condition and details."

"Oh, that was a long time ago and..."

'Zen? He really is alive. Should I... Tell him? Shirayuki never said not to but she wouldn't be too happy if I told him either.'

"...and?" Zen inquired.

"Oh, why do ask?"

"Oh, I had a friend go missing at sea a several weeks ago. I heard that there was a sighting of her here and they lead me straight to you. So would you know anything?"

"Why don't you come in to have some tea? This will take some time to explain."

***
'Where am I? Doesn't matter. All I know is that I've left Alousia and... Zen. Where should I go? Should I go to Tanbarun?'

'RUSTLE'

'What was that noise?'

"Hello, is anyone there?" Shirayuki was left with nothing but a cool breeze. "Hello?" A group of men with a female leader appeared out of the bushes.

"It's her! IT'S THE REDHEAD!!" One of them screamed.

"Silence." Their leader ordered. "So we meet again, girly."

"Umi...hebi.... What are you-"

"Quiet. Because of you, we're cut down to less than half of what we started with. Now I wonder what we should do with you. Should I just kill you? Maybe I should make you join us. We are short on crew, I'll call our newest member out for you." Umihebi whipped her head around and screamed. "Obi, come out front."

'Obi? No way, why would he be with them.'

"I am here, Umihebi." Obi bowed down loyally.

"Obi?"

"Mistress Shirayuki!" Shirayuki reached for her antique clock when she realized,

'My clock! The one that Zen gave me, where is it?! Did I leave it? I was in so much of a rush, I couldn't have!'

***
"What do you mean? It wasn't her that came here?"

"I'm afraid not." Yuki sighed.

"Are you sure, absolutely?" Zen sounded more desperate than ever.

"Yes. I am."

"Okay, if she wasn't here then answer one question for me." Yuki nodded her head, "Why are you lying to me?"

"What? I would ne-"

"Don't, I notice that my antique clock, which I had gifted Shirayuki is lying on your table." Zen pointed to the table behind Yuki. Yuki turned her head around and noticed the clock which Shirayuki had left behind.

'That idiot!' Yuki thought to herself.

"Now, speak the truth. Where is Shirayuki?"

Author's note:
HEREYOUGOIAMDONE!
I might write another fanfic, someone give me some anime or something I can write about. I have holidays coming up so I'll have a LOT of free time on my hands. I'm gonna need something to do so I figured I would write. SOMEONE HELP ME PLZ.
Until next time then.

  G O O D B Y E