Of Betting and Bedding

Start from the beginning

Truth be told, even though I was acting nonchalant, panic started to rise in me. You see, when Lor came on the date with me and Charity, something just clicked in my head. It was when Charity dragged Matty off to who-knows-where and Lorelai came out in those skin tight pants...

I almost forgot how to breathe. The pants outlined all the curves I didn't know Lorelai even had. She looked so... sexy. The way her lips formed a perfect 'o' when she saw me standing there was the only thing I could focus on.

Did I make her heart race like she made mine?

Ever since that night, I've been replaying everything about her over in my mind. Her touch. Her smile. Her laugh.

Lorelai Stevens has been driving me crazy. I'm dating the hottest girl at school but all I can think about is the way Lorelai twirls her hair when she's bored or how she bites her lip when she gets nervous.

"Kase? Coldridge? Bro, focus."

I blinked twice when I noticed Tyler snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Sorry Tyler, I lost focus. What's up?"

"Joseph's going on about Stevens. Didn't know if you had anything to say."

"I bet you couldn't nail her," Joseph said with a smirk.

"I bet you I could," I challenged, this bet giving me the courage I need to make a move. "In fact, I'll do you one better. I'll nail her right after homecoming."

The locker room was deathly silent. Some of the guys had already started to head out, and your could hear their chuckles from the few remaining.

"Fine. If you bang her Saturday night, I'll give you $500. I'll throw in an extra $250 if you get it on video," Joseph said.

"Deal. And if I lose, I'll cough up $500," I said, starting to head out of the locker room. Tyler, Harry, Joseph, and I were the last ones in there. They followed me out, but I stopped abruptly.

"Dang it, I left my duffel bag inside. I'll be right back. Can you guys go ahead and take the people who need a ride?"

Tyler nodded and I doubled back into the locker room, where Matty Monroe was standing in front of his locker.

He turned around when he heard the door slam shut.

"Hey Monroe," I started off awkwardly, rooted to the spot, "wanna go grab a bite of pizza? All the guys are going."

Matty chewed on his lip for a moment before shrugging. "Yeah, sure."

I let out a sigh of relief. He hadn't heard anything. I reached out to grab my duffel bag, but his voice stopped me.

"When we get there are we going to talk about how you're gonna try to nail Lor this Saturday?"

Damn it.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Cut the crap," Monroe snapped. "I heard everything. I got in late because coach was trying me out at third base. And honestly, I disliked you before, but now you've lost any shred of respect I had for you before today."

"It's none of your business, Monroe," I snapped, shoving his shoulder. He responded by pushing my chest with enough force to make me hit the lockers.

"It's my business when it concerns Lorelai. I don't see why she could want you when there are dozens of guys who would treat her right. You're just some low-life who plays with girls' hearts because it's fun. But you mess with Lorelai, you lose everything. If she finds out about this not only will she hate you, you'll lose her. There is no forgiveness from something like this. And if you hurt her, I'll sure as hell beat you until you can't walk straight."