Of Betting and Bedding

Kason's POV

I shook the remaining droplets of water out of my damp hair as I slipped a blue v-neck on. Practice had ended fifteen minutes ago and all of the guys were planning on going out to eat at a pizza buffet. Food seemed like a great distraction from the soreness in my shoulders. I was the first one ready, an unusual occurence in the locker room. I usually took my sweet time, but today I wasn't really feeling a long shower or the desire to style my hair. I just threw on some sweats and Nike slides and voila.

Swag.

I glanced at myself in the mirror, making sure I had gotten all the dirt off of my face from sliding around at practice. Didn't want anything obscuring my chiseled features.

What? I'm attractive. Girls don't throw themselves at me (literally) because I've got a nice personality. I've got a six pack, blonde hair, blue eyes... what's a better combination?

Sighing in frustration as the rest of the guys took their time, I started to look for Monroe. This was his first year playing baseball, much less being on Varsity, and it was my job as team captain to make him feel welcome.

After all, keep your friends close and enemies closer.

I couldn't find Matty in the midst of all the guys, so I just assumed he was talking to coach or putting his gear in his car.

"Hey bro, do you have any extra deodorant?" asked Tyler Davidson. I nodded and grabbed some Old Spice, tossing it to him.

"Thanks," Tyler said, throwing a shirt on. "Did you bring your truck today? Some of the guys are gonna need a ride."

I nodded, sitting down on a bench and leaning against the lockers.

"Yeah, I can take some. We'll just have to go around Charity's house. I was supposed to swing by after practice but considering I'd rather slam my head into this locker..."

Tyler laughed out loud at this.

"Dude, why are you still dating her? I thought you said she was cool and stuff."

I let out a groan. "She was. I mean, we could sit and play video games together or watch football and she wouldn't complain. She didn't text me six-thousand times a day and we never fought. Now she's done what all girls seem to do. She's all jealous and stuff. Charity always has to know where I am, who I'm with, and what I'm doing. I failed a lab for Chemistry because my partner was a girl and Charity wouldn't let me work with her," I exclaimed, running my hands throught my hair.

Tyler was doubled over in laughter by the end of my rant, as well as some of the other guys.

"Told you she's one that you've gotta hit then quit," Harry Foster snickered. I wadded up a towel and threw it at him.

"Shut up. But I don't know what to do. Despite her being a psycho bitch, she's still really hot. I mean, it's actually kind of worth it," I sighed.

"Have you tapped it?" Harry asked. I just winked in response, eliciting hoots and hollers from the rest of the guys.

"If I were you," began Joseph Finch, the baseball team's resident player (if you know what I mean), "I'd be tapping that other girl you've been with lately."

"Lor?" I blurted out.

"Lorelai Stevens!" Harry exclaimed. "Hot damn, I was pissed when she got paired up with Monroe for the homecoming thing. I could make her a part of my world," Harry said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"I'm surprised you haven't done her yet. Or are y'all best friends with benefits?" Joseph teased.

"Whatever guys," I said, rolling my eyes.