Chapter-44{Bridge Of Eyes}

Start from the beginning

She again leaned in to bestow another series of tender kisses on his bruised face. His breathing deepened and she knew that wall was coming down.

"What happened to your face?" She asked and before he could even start to answer, she got reminded of his nape. She pulled his head to level of her shoulder to have a look at it. It was bleeding a little. A gasp touched Manik's ears as she examined the wound.

"And this one...how did you get it?" She asked and he adjusted his head in crook of her neck. His lips tickled her neck but she didn't let him have her distracted.

"Manik," She called his name as he kept that silence going.

"Say it again," He demanded still brushing his lips onto her neck.

"How did you get this wound?" She asked impatiently.

"Not that, say my name again," He demanded and she had to close her eyes to serve that difficult man.

"Manik," She said it softly and he with a speed of lightening captured her lips. She couldn't even make out when his lips left her skin and reached her lips. She had to gulp the breath back as he sealed all her words. His lips moved roughly over hers and she tapped his chest. After some constant taping, he let go and groaned in displeasure. She immediately looked at her father and his eyes followed her gaze. She sighed in relief as she saw him sleeping peacefully. A smile crept on Manik's wounded lip as he got to understand her urgency to end the little contact they had started to make.

"Not now," She said and his eyes moved to her bruised lips. His thumb wiped the little red from it and his face twitched again.

"Not again," She complained looking at his twitched face. He was swinging between two parts of him. She could see glimpse of someone she knew and someone he had become.

"That wound," She asked and he sighed giving in.

"Those bastards..." He stopped and took a deep breath.

"Those soldiers did it," He answered as briefly as he could.

She kept looking at him and he met her gaze to know what was going behind that silence of hers.

"You have to go through a lot for me," She murmured as soon as he looked into her eyes.

He grabbed her nape in jiffy and placed his lips on hers to shut all the thoughts she was allowing to start. Prisoners of eyes got off the leash again. He let go soon enough for her to start with another worry.

"Never say that again otherwise I won't think twice to shut you up like this," He said and she couldn't help but smile amid cascade of tears.

"I missed you," She said as she got up from his lap only to settle there again in a much comfortable position. Keeping her both legs on one side, she put her head on his chest.

"I haven't slept in a long time," She said and he engulfed her in an embrace where nothing could touch her. 

"Sleep," He said and she breathed deep. He saw her falling asleep in his arms and then put his cheek on her head. He hadn't slept in a long time either and he thought now he could.
________________

Morning brought curse of light. Aryan had reached the little town where people were living as slaves. On other hand, castle had turned into a roaring palace as soon as news of Nandini went missing spread like wails. It was beyond understanding of every officer in there that how she escaped that fort with her father. There was this hustle of finding her somewhere, they hoped she hadn't gone out of castle and was hiding somewhere. Maybe one person knew how she escaped. As soon as Nandini and Aryan's connection got highlighted in his mind, it was not difficult to connect the dots. That person was Lieutenant Pal. He could see his death coming his way once dictator comes back. He must have got the news, Lt believed. He chose to keep his mouth shut; he couldn't tell them how his dear slave had bailed Nandini out. He could have these few breaths before they slaughter him.