Chapter Sixteen

The next day I went to school and came home. I didn't have studies. I felt like going to the beach. I didn't tell Peter that I'm going because I wanted some alone time. I wore something that was comfy and left. I ran into Ray but I didn't speak a word. He wanted to say something but before he did I pulled my hand out of my pocket and put it in the air (like talk to the hand). He didn't dare to say anything since. When I got to the beach I took off my shoes and put my feet in the water. I started humming until my favorite song came on. "Hurts so good" by Astrid S. It's amazing. I was singing and when the song finished I turned off the music and listened to the waves crash into each other. I love the sound of waves. It doesn't just relax me but it feels like it takes all my worries away. Suddenly I felt someone behind me.

"Gabriella is that you?"

"Yes. Who are you?"

"You don't remember me?"

"Wait a second. Your Eric right?"

"Yes I am. From school. I can't believe we met again it's been so long."

"Yes it has. Man I miss you. You know your still my Number one best guy friend right?"

"I know I am. Your still my Number one girl friend."

I gave him a big hug.

"Why are you here Eric?"-I asked.
"I'm always here." - Eric answered.

"I've never seen you here before."

"Really? Oh well."

"So how have you been?"

"I've been good. I'm so glad I saw you."

"Same."

"So have you found a boyfriend yet?"

"I won't say yes and I won't say no. But I think I'm having feelings for him."

"Really?! Congratulations."

"Thanks! Have you found anyone?"

"I have actually. But I don't know if she noticed yet."

"I bet she'll notice you sooner or later. Your the best! Your athletic, smart, funny, cute why won't she notice you?"

"Because I don't show it infront of her."

"Well then show it in front of her."

"I have."

"I honestly don't know then. But she'll come back to you don't worry."

"Thanks for the support Gabriella that's why I have a friend like you in my life."

"Welcome. You know I'd love to help you Eric."

Eric was always by my side through every step I took. He understood me. I told used to tell him everything. He was my secret keeper. I was his secret keeper too. He gave me advice about boys. He was such an amazing friend. He is the only person in class that didn't bully me. All the boys bully me. He didn't he was kind to me and he helped me when I needed help.

"I have to head back Gabriella. Here's my Number. Call me or text me whenever you want."

"Alright thanks Eric. I will I'll see you again."

"Bye"

"Bye"