Chapter 13

"So he's the guy that threw you out a window to your death?" Says Tony. I snack him on the arm with a tiny spark in my fingers, making him jump.
"Not cool, Tony" I say. I'm in the lab with The Avengers, Bucky is in his room, still sleeping.
"What, I'm just checking" he says rubbing his arm. I scoff, and roll my eyes.
"He said he's here to warn me" Steve says. We all look at him. He hasn't said anything since I called everyone in here.
"HYDRA's after me" I say. Everyone looks at me now, shocked. "Yes, I know. Big shocker" I say In a low, mocking voice.
"Winky, if something were to happen to you–" Tony starts.

"Nothing will happen to me. I can take care of myself" I cut him off.

"That doesn't mean I'm still not concerned"
    Silence fills the science lab. Wanda takes a big sigh before speaking.
"What should we do?"

"We stay low" answers Steve. "HYDRA doesn't know Bucky is here, let's keep it that way"

"Steve, this is HYDRA we're talking about here" says Wanda. "They already know he's here, they just want to make the right move" Everyone knows she's right, they just couldn't admit it.

"She's right" we all turn to see Bucky standing at the door way of the lab. "Knowing HYDRA, they've probably already found us"

"What should we do then?" Asks Clint.

Everyone starts discussing what we should all do. Bucky joins them, not saying much, but speaking up on some of the ideas. I think about what's gonna happen to my friends if HYDRA attacks us. I don't want any one to get hurt.

Maybe I should let them take me...

I shake the thought out of my head. I will not let them take me, Bucky, or anyone of us. I will fight until I die in a blaze of glory.

"–can't let that happen to Winky" the mention of my name takes me back to reality.

"Don't I get a say?" I say over the Avengers talking. Everyone stops and looks at me. "Maybe we should use me as bait, and then we attack" I suggest.
"No! No no no no no no! Not gonna happen" says Tony.

"Tony c'mon I can–"

"Take care of yourself, I know" Ok, that was annoying. I feel anger bubble up inside me.
"When are you gonna stop treating me like I'm 5? I'm older then you!"

"You wanna know? How about when you grow up!" I see Tony instantly regret saying that, knowing he crossed a line. I give him a hurt look.
"Winky, I–" Tony starts, but I cut him off by stomping away furiously.
I make my way through the building to the exit. I walk through the city of New York, a slight wind indicating that snow will soon return.
I find myself walking to the S.H.E.I.L.D. agency. I don't know why, I guess I needed to clear my head and...this is where it all started so, I guess that's why.
I stand at the entrance to the agency, the freezing wind turning my ears and cheeks red. I zip up my jacket more and walk through. Ever since S.H.I.E.L.D. Fell, it's been mostly empty. Course there are people coming and going, but it's usually empty in some parts. Perfect, I need to be alone.
I walk through the court yard, walking over the giant symbol of a bird on the ground. I stop at the Circular wall surrounding the agency. It's an easy task to get up there, all I have to do is jump. My legs are much stronger then a normal persons are.
I jump up, my hand just barely grabs the edge. I pull myself up and look at the view from the wall. I'm high up and the wind is much colder up here, but right now I don't care. I sigh as I smell the fresh air. New York is great, but it doesn't have fresh air. Unless breathing in carbon dioxide, smoke, and other peoples air count as fresh air.
I sit there and think about what Tony said to me.

How about when you grow up! His words ring in my head. The reason why it hurt me when he said that is, I never really had a chance to grow up. Tony knew, everyone else knew it too.
     I was diagnosed with cancer when I was 15. I was shipped off to a medical lab in Russia to be experimented on to find a "cure" for cancer when I was 16. It was really meant to make me into their weapon. Luckily they didn't get the chance to try me out.
I shudder at the horrid memories. I sigh as I contemplate weather to go back or not.

Just a little longer, I think.

Maybe singing will make me feel less like I wanna punch Someone.

"Wise men say, 'only fools rush in'
But I can't help falling in love with you. Shall I stay? Would it be a sin if I can't help falling in love with you?"

That's all I know from the song, the rest I'll have to look up later.

"You have a lovely voice" I hear a voice say. I yelp and spin around to see Bucky standing on the wall with behind me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" he says. I chuckle a bit.
"It's ok. How did you find me?"

"Went to find you after you stormed off. I followed you here"

"How long have you been standing there?"

"I just got up here before you sang. I didn't want to interrupt you cause it sounded so nice" I smile at his complement. I never sing in front of people, I rather do it by myself.

"Thanks" I pause for a second. "Hey, how did you get up here?"

"Same way as you, except, I stacked some old boxes to get up easier" he walks over and sits next to me.

"Oh, makes sense"

There's an awkward silence before Bucky breaks it.

"How did you get your powers anyway?" He asks.

I sigh before answering. "5% of my blood veins are synthetic" I explain.

"Woah, that's...how?" He sounds surprised. I don't blame him, its actually kinda funny.

"I never really wanted to know. But how I got my powers was, while they were doing surgery on me, my heart stopped. They used receptors to bring me back. Receptors are things that have an electrical power" I explain. "The synthetic veins absorbed the electricity. Course they brought me back, but after that it got a bit...intense" Bucky doesn't ask how, just nods. He seems to understand, unlike anyone else. Probably because people messed around with his head too.
I'm about to say more, but a strange flying thing in the sky stops me. My pupils grow big, and like a telescope, I get a closer look. It's part of my powers.
I see helicopter in the sky.

"Hey, what's that–"

"GET DOWN!" Bucky lunges at me right before the helicopter starts firing at us.

OOOOOOOOOOH something is going ooooooon! This is getting good! What's gonna happen? Only I know muwhahahahaha!

VOTE

COMMENT