2: Vaginas are Overrated

Frank entered school on Monday, looking around him suspiciously. He was quite scared that someone would see through him and know what he had seen two nights before.

He hadn't even spoken to Gerard since the 'accident'. He had left right after breakfast the morning after it had happened and he was quite scared of having to face Gerard today.

When he arrived at his locker Mikey was already waiting for him.

"Hey, man," he said, "Have you seen the new guy, yet?"

Frank shoved his books in his locker. "I've been here for half a minute, Mikey. How could I have seen the new guy?"

Mikey rolled his eyes. "I heard he's a pretty good football player."

"Is that what he told people or did someone actually see him play."

"I don't know."

Frank closed his locker, swinging his backpack over his shoulder. "He'll probably be at the training today, so they can see if he is any good," he said as they made their way to class.

"Oh yeah, good that you remind me. I won't be able to walk with you today. I promised Gerard I'd drive him home after his cheerleading training."

"I'll wait with you," Frank said, jumping at the opportunity to watch Gerard for an hour without it seeming suspicious. He had to face him sometime soon, so why not while Gerard was wearing a short skirt that was part of his cheerleading outfit.

"You sure? That shit takes an entire hour," Mikey asked, raising an eyebrow.

Frank nodded. "We can check out that new guy and I mean, I'm used to being stuck with you for hours, so this won't be too hard I think."

"Fuck off," Mikey said with confidence, which didn't last long. He suddenly stopped walking, his eyes wide as he turned to his friend. "Dude, let's go the other way."

Frank frowned. "What are you-"

"Hey Mikey!"

Mikey kept his eyes on the floor, not really wanting to talk to the boy in front of him.

Frank, however, did. "Hey Pete, Mikey was just talking about you!"

Mikey wished he could just stab his friend right there and then.

"Oh really?" Pete blushed, not expecting their conversation to take this turn.

"It's not that important," Mikey said quickly, "Actually we were just heading to class, so if you don't mind."

Pete widened his eyes, giving a startled impression. "Oh, yeah, of course. I'll walk with you!"

Frank repressed his laughter, while Mikey elbowed him in his side.

The boys started walking, Mikey feeling very uncomfortable with Pete next to him smiling happily.

"You know, there is this new diner in town," Pete began, "They just opened last week, you see. And I was wondering, if you don't have anything to do after school, that maybe we could drink something and get to know each other."

Frank almost felt sorry for the guy.

"Actually I already have something this afternoon. You could try it out with Patrick, though."

Pete blushed once more. "Oh, okay. I see-"

"This is our classroom. Bye Pete," Mikey said, quickly walking into the room, leaving Pete and Frank behind him.

Frank smiled at Pete in the hope it would make him feel a bit better. "I'm sorry man. You could try some other time. It was nice talking to you." He waved the other boy goodbye as he went into his classroom and seating himself next to Mikey. "You should be nice to him. He's just trying his best."