1: Ass and Sass

"I still can't believe he made it to the team," Frank spoke from under the tree in his friend's backyard. 

"I can," Mikey spoke, "Nothing about him surprises me anymore. The guy is like a god or something."

Frank hummed his agreement. Gerard wasn't athletic at all. Maybe a bit flexible, but not athletic. But the boy still made the cheerleading team.

"I hate it sometimes. Like he can't do anything wrong, but I... I'm just... I'm just his brother Mikey, you know. The one who isn't interesting."

Frank turned his head to look at his friend. "I think you're interesting. And it's not his fault you know. It's everyone else who's obsessing over him."

"Yeah, I know, but it still sucks balls. Like, I know my mom has a favourite child. I know it's not me."

Frank scoffed at that. "Come on, man. It can't be that bad. Your mom loves you."

"I know, but... Last week she bought Gerard like six new skirt and I just can't help but be jealous."

"You want skirts?"

"No." Mikey started playing with a loos thread of his shirt. "I want... I don't know, attention and for people to love me like they love Gerard."

"You know that's not love, Mikey."

Mikey looked up at his best friend. "Of course-"

"No, people don't love Gerard. Most of them haven't even talked to him, like, ever. They don't really love him. They love this idea of him, but that's not really love. It's not really there. Like, for example: I fucking love you, man. You're my best friend. And, like, I think Lindsey loves Gerard too you know. They're really close. Are they like best friends?"

"Yeah, they borrow each other's skirts."

"Well, there you go. Lindsey loves Gerard. But like other people don't love you."

"Wow, Frank. That doesn't hurt at all."

"No, I mean, they don't love you, because they don't get to spend as much time with you as I do. I love your silly glasses, although I tease you for it all the time. And that silent and in the background but still-cooler-than-you thing you've got going on. And like people love Gerard's looks, but that's it you know. He's fucking hot and everyone would bang him, but-"

"Don't talk about my brother like that, you ass!"

Frank laughed. "Everybody talks about your brother like that."

"I had hoped at least my best friend had some decency."

"You know I don't."

Mikey shoved Frank away. "Fuck off, Iero."

Silence fell over the boys, in which Frank thought about Gerard. Mikey would probably hate him if he tried to get together with the other boy. The younger brother was already disgusted by the guys at school that talked about Gerard like he was nothing but a sex object.

But Frank was nothing like them. He didn't just want a good fuck with the boy and then leave him. He wanted to kiss him, cuddle with him, take him on cute dates and possibly start a relationship with him. 

Of course Frank's sex drive wasn't completely non-existent, but he'd rather see Gerard happy, than to see him naked.

"Did you finish your English homework?" Mikey interrupted Frank's thoughts.

Frank didn't even remember they had homework. "No, but you could always ask Pete first thing tomorrow."

"I'd rather jump from a bridge, dickhead."