6: Reunion

Mabel's eyes widened. "B-Bill?"

"Hang on, shooting star." Bill held up a finger and turned towards Mark's friends.

Before Mabel knew it, Bill was throwing punches that she had never known he could throw. He beat up all five of Mark's friends, including Mark himself, leaving them in a dust of blood and embarrassment.

"Who the hell is he!?" Mark shivered.

"Someone you'll never forget." Bill frowned at him.

"Bill!" Mabel cried. "You'll be in a hell of a lot of trouble!"

"I don't even go here." Bill laughed.

The lunch room crowd froze as Bill looked around.

"There's nothing more to see. Carry on with you food." Bill announced, making everyone turn back to their trays of school lunch.

"What are you doing here then, Bill?" Mabel grabbed Bill's arm.

He looked at her. "I needed to see you."

Mabel yanked on Bill's arm and headed towards an empty hallway. "What's going on?"

"I needed to see you." Bill repeated.

"Why?"

Bill pouted. "Because I miss you."

"Bill.."

"Mabel, why can't you trust me when I say nothing happened between Pacifica and I?" Bill frowned.

"The kiss?"

Bill sighed in frustration. "You want proof it wasn't real? Fine."

"How?"

Without hesitation, Bill leaned in and gave Mabel a kiss, which she quickly pulled away.

"Bill?" Mabel mumbled.

"I love you." Bill sighed. "I'm tired of this. I want us to be happy again."

"I do too but I need to completely trust you, Bill."

"How can I prove it!?"

Mabel bit her lip.

"You don't know."

Mabel looked up at his sad face and reached down to hold his hand. "I'm sorry..."

Bill's eyes lit up. "What?"

"Maybe I was overreacting." Mabel sighed.

"It's okay."

"I feel like an idiot." Mabel slapped her forehead. "It's Pacifica...she was trying to ruin our relationship since the beginning."

"See?"

"I'm sorry..."

"Hey, it's okay." Bill gave her a tight hug. "Everything's okay now."

Mabel hugged him back. "Honestly I don't even know what I was doing; thinking I could live without you."

Bill smiled. "Me neither."