The Letter

Short Story #27 - The Letter - Hazel and Sammy

__________________________

*This is in Hazel's first life before she moved to Alaska.*

__________________________

Sammy's laugh rang across the field as Hazel said something that was funny. his smile was perfect and he had the cutest hair. If only...

"Wake up! Time to go!" Hazel's mom knocked on the door, waking her from her dream. She got up, got dressed, grabbed an apple and walked out the door. She stopped short. There was a letter on her doorstep. It had her name on it. She put it in her bag, for she had no time to read it now if she was to get to school on time.

School went by as it normally would; boring, mean, uneventful. She got home and went straight to her room. She sat on her bed and carefully opened the letter. She started reading.

Dear My Darling Hazel,

I have admired you from afar all school year. The only way I could collect the courage to tell you was writing it all in a letter. I have rewritten this many times. Each time I fail to describe your beauty perfectly, so here it goes.

Your dark skin radiates with warmth. Your hair had such a bounce that I want to touch it. Your face is perfect in every way from your brilliant eyes to your cute nose to your luscious lips. Your body is true to yourself. Your smile is rare and alluring. Your laugh is heart-stopping.

My favorite thing about you is your mind. Most people underestimate you and your smart brain.

Maybe, someday, you will be someone I can call mine.

Your Admirer,

Sammy

A single tear fell from Hazel's eye as she finished reading the letter. She couldn't believe it. Sammy admired her. She tucked the letter into her safe spot (where she hides important things from everyone) and ran out the door.

She ran and ran and ran towards Sammy's house. She arrived and straightened herself before knocking on the door. It opened.

"Hello." Hazel says.

"Hazel? I was not expecting you." he said in a tone of surprise.

"I got your letter..." she says breathlessly.

"Oh," he blushes as he closes the door and steps closer to her, "did you read it?"

"Yes. And you can call me yours, for I want you to be mine." she states. His eyes sparkle as he pulls her into a hug.

__________________________

Authors Note:

I would like to start off by saying thank you to 101star for voting or my story many times! It made my day... And believe me. It has already been a very chaotic one at that.

Also thank you to everyone for getting my story to 8,977 reads! I am super happy!

Another thin is that this story now has 172 votes. That is more that I could ever ask for.

Thank you so much.

Now on another note.

I have been super busy. It's a miracle that I even posted a story this week. I have been writing a lot. The next one is currently about 11 pages long. It's not finished. It's going to be amazing.

I can't wait or all of you to read it!

Again thank you so much and please I check out my now awesome bio if you want to know more about me!

- water_and_art_girl