"You're basically a huge heathen."

Start from the beginning

"That's because I spoil him," she uses a baby voice as she literally coddles your dog and you hate how you smile as you watch them. It's fucking adorable, okay?

"Oh, my bad! Lauren, this is Shawn," she nods her head towards the douchenozzle in the mustang and he gives me a fairly friendly smile that I do my best to return.

"Shawn, this is Lauren. The one I told you about."

Oh? She's been talking about you?

"The one with the bat?" Shawn chuckles and you practically shrink because of course that's why she's been talking about you.

"I thought you were an intruder!" You insist, smacking Camila's arm with the back of your hand. She just laughs, sticking her tongue out at you before turning back to Shawn.

"Are we going to hang out this break?"

"Yeah my parents are saving the trip home to Canada for this summer so I'll be around. Text me whenever you're free?"

"For sure. Thanks again for the ride home," Camila nods as her hand scratches behind Dash's ears. She waves at Shawn as he starts backing out of the driveway, who yells out what you think is a friendly 'nice to meet you' before driving off. You don't really want to say the same because 1) you're officially the girl with the bat and 2) there's a very petty part of you that wants to monopolize Camila's time if only to prevent her from spending any of it with him.

Geez what the fuck is wrong with you.

You pull yourself out of your thoughts and face Camila who's looking at you expectantly.

"So, lunch?"

-

You end up taking her to this Italian place because you thought taking her to your parents restaurant was just a little tacky (but the food would've been free so you keep it in mind for future lunches that may happen).

"Wow, you know the way to my heart don't you?"

"What?" You stare up at Camila with wide eyes because no- that's not- you aren't-

"I love pizza, so you're doing pretty well on the whole 'making it up to me' front," Camila gives you an easy smile and you ignore the way it makes you feel.

"That's good. Now I have to work on convincing you that I'm not dangerous to be around. I promise I'm mostly normal."

"Well that's only mostly reassuring then," she laughs and it does wonders to help calm your nerves.

"Welcome to Enzo's, my name is Austin and I'll be- oh! Hey Camila," the guy who's approached the table smiles down at the girl sitting in front of you and you do nothing short of glaring at him. Whom the fuck-

"Hey Austin," Camila greets with a smile of her own. "I didn't know you worked here."

"Yeah, I started a couple of weeks ago."

"That's cool, I could never handle being a server. I'd trip and drop everyone's food, probably." She jokes easily and you aren't the biggest fan of the way she smiles at him. He doesn't even spare you a glance as he starts fawning over Camila. You just keep glaring.

After some more idle chatting that you tune out because this boy's voice sounds like a drone, Camila reaches for a menu, seemingly to prompt this Austin guy to remember that he's at work.

"Oh right," he seems to finally realize that you're also sitting there. "What can I get you two to drink?"

"Just a water for me," you say with a clipped tone.