"You're basically a huge heathen."

Start from the beginning

[Vero]: screams broody hipster

[Vero]: "u prolly nevr heard of my fave band theyre really underground. theyre called the 1975"

[Lauren]: I'm going to ignore that and take my chances with broody hipster

[Vero]: not the worst choice to have made mija

[Lauren]: gee thanks ma

[Vero]: anything to help you impress your new lady friend :)

You roll your eyes at all of Vero's responses, putting your phone away and checking your outfit once again in the mirror. Not that you're trying to impress her though. You just want to look... non-threatening. And Camila is like, really pretty, so you want to not look like a hobo next to her. All this fluttering you're feeling is just insanely high attraction. Yeah, that's it.

You still had an hour to kill so you figure taking Dash out for a walk would be a good way to pass the time. You smile at all the breaks he seems to need to take because however much energy he has, his legs are just too short to keep up with all of it. He completely tires himself out after about half an hour and finally he just lays himself down under the shade of a tree and you just glare at him with your hands on your hips.

"Really? You're gonna crap out on me now? We're literally two blocks from the house, you lazy bum." There's no harshness to your tone because Dash is your lil baby and he could do no wrong even if he tried. He's cute enough to get away with just about anything. So after another minute of him just laying there and blinking at you, you finally scoop him up in your arms and make your way back to the house.

You don't expect to run into Camila again because it's a quarter to noon and you wouldn't think she'd be home yet. Except she's currently in her driveway, arms resting on the open window of a car with a boy in it. They're clearly talking and you hear them both laugh as your legs carry you closer. You don't mean to stare but it's hard not to because Camila's back is turned to you and she has to bend over to lean on the car and- look, you can't really stop your eyes from seeing it so you go ahead and sneak a look.

Your eyes focus back to the boy that Camila's talking to and you try to stop your face from looking so sour. God, what's got you all moody? You barely know this girl, she's not that cute.

(Later you'll find out that she really is that cute but right now you pretend you have your shit together.)

Still carrying Dash, you've made it to your own driveway and try not to pay any mind to Camila and whatever douchenozzle with the mustang that she's talking to. But of course, Dash notices and barks, squirming in your arms. You set him down and he runs towards Camila, barking lightly in his approach, the younger girl immediately turning around and her face lighting up at the sight of him.

"My sweet baby!" She coos as she kneels to pick him up and Dash is quick to lick her face. You enjoy the laugh that it elicits out of the girl who finally notices you as she situates the dog in her arms.

"Hey Lauren!" Her smile when she sees you is literally so big and you can't help returning it in kind, giving her a small wave. You hadn't realized you were making your way towards her until you're standing a couple feet away from her in her driveway and up close to the car with the boy she was talking to. He's watching the both of you from the driver's seat with an easy smile on his face but you insist he's probably a douche anyways.

"Hey Camila, I see my dog likes you better." You point at the way Dash is laying in her and arms and tail wagging against her hold. She laughs and kisses the top of his head and you almost audibly 'aw' at the sight because holy fuck this girl is cute.