06 || ebony & platin

Soulmate AU.

I tried not to pour the champagne out of my glass all over my suit as I laughed out loud.
Yuri and that Japanese skater in a dance off! The expression on the blonde Russian's face was priceless.

This evening was truly...remarkable.
I mean, everybody was sort of drunk, but the Japanese guy with the black hair really had too much champagne tonight...
Speaking of him, in exactly that moment he appeared in front of me, a confused but cute grin on his face and his cheeks flushed due to the alcohol.

"Youuu wanna dance?"

I was completely caught off guard. Dancing? Now? W-with him?

He interrupted my overthinking by just shaking his head impatiently, grabbing my hand and pulling me on the dance floor.
Placing his hand in mine he looked up to me with big puppy eyes and I really had to pull myself together to stop staring.
We started dancing and I was having more and more fun against all my expectations. He was really good...

Out of breath I eventually excused myself and collapsed on a chair near the bar. The black haired man continued dancing. He had all eyes on him as he combined breakdance with classical dance and hip hop with ballet.
"How can he still dance like that after so much champagne", was my last thought before dozing off.

When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was that I was more sober than before. Second thing was that I still sat on the same chair.
And third thing was that I definitely missed something.
My eyes grew wide when I saw the Japanese skater with Chris pole dancing. Where the heck did they even get a pole ?!

I returned to the bar, got myself more to drink... and the rest of the evening was kind of blurry. Vaguely I remember  fits of laughter, an angry Yuri Plisetsky and more dancing with the black haired man. His name was also Yuri as I learned later on.

[pitch black]

The next day I found myself on a hotel bed, still wearing the suit from the banquet. My tie seemed to have vanished, though. I immediately regretted sitting up as I felt a pounding headache in my forehead.
How many drinks did I have last night...?
Finally I managed to get up, stumbled across the room and into the small bathroom. Putting my hands on the sink i looked up into the mirror and -

My hair. I stared at my reflection and slowly raised a hand to touch my hair.
A strand, an ebony coloured strand had appeared between my usually silver bangs.
"It has finally happened", I gasped although I knew nobody could hear me.
"I met them..."
Carefully, as if it could vanish when I touched it, I traced the dark strand with my finger.
I must have met them last evening...
and there is only one person who could match that hair colour.
I continued staring into the mirror and got lost in the unusual colour until i eventually shook my head and stepped back, unsure what to do now.

I was sure that it was Yuri, I could feel it. The Japanese man with his chocolate coloured eyes hadn't left my mind since he took my hand last evening.

----

On the other side of the city a certain ebony haired man stood confused in front of the mirror in his hotel room, desperately tried to remember what happened last night and why he was wearing his tie around his head. He eventually threw up into the bin.
"I guess I had too much champagne..."
Yuri mumbled hoarsely to himself while stumbling backwards on his bed.
The memory of the evening of the banquet was completely gone and it seemed to slip through Yuri's hands even more while he was trying to remember.
That silver hair colour, peeking from his dark hair preoccupied him for the rest of the day, but the only person he could think of with that platin hair was Viktor.
And there was absolutely no way that...
you know.

Viktor freaking Nikiforov. No way that he could... like me.
Look at him... he is famous all over the world, loved by millions.
What am I next to him?
Just a kid that screws everything up while trying to catch up with him.

Exhausted, Yuri closed his eyes. But the picture of a certain silver haired Russian wouldn't leave his mind...

A few months passed, the figure skating season ended and spring eventually arrived.
Viktor completed it with utmost success, winning the worlds and the four continents after the Grand Prix...
Yuri sank into depressions, stopped skating for a few weeks and isolated himself.
His family was worrying, as they saw him less and less because he would lock himself in his room and when they did he looked thin, tired and his cheeks were tear-stained.

"Yuri! Do you want to come downstairs for dinner?" Mari, Yuri's sister, asked, standing in front of her brother's door.
"No, thanks... I'm good", he answered quietly from the inside.
Mari sighed. "No you're not." She said, rather to herself than to Yuri.

Inside his room, Yuri breathed out relieved when he heard her steps moving away. He was clearly not in the mood to go downstairs.
But already a few minutes later, footsteps neared again.
"Yuri?", his father asked. "One of the guests has asked for you. He's in the hot springs right now if you want to have a look who it is. He looks kind of familiar."
Yuri was almost able to hear the grin in his father's voice and it woke his interest.
A guest had asked for him? What could they want?
He quickly changed and then made his way over to the hot springs area.
Slightly sliding on the smooth and wet tiles Yuri crossed one room after another, yet not finding what he was looking for.
Finally he pushed open the door to the last room - and was greeted by the brightest smile he ever saw in his life.
There was Viktor, yes Viktor Nikiforov in the water, his hair slightly damp and his blue eyes sparkling as he stared at the younger man who just burst in.

"Viktor!", Yuri gasped, and stopped dead in his tracks.
"Yuri..." Viktor grinned at the younger man in front of him.
"Why... why are you h-here? I mean... how and when- I..."
The Russian chuckled at Yuri's stuttering and leaned a bit forwards.
"Don't you know it by yourself?"
Confused, the dark haired skater shook his head.
"The banquet... don't you remember the banquet?"

Yuri lowered his head and once more slightly shook his head.
What have I done there? Made a fool out of myself? Sang out loud? Threw up all over Viktor? Oh god-...
His inner monologue was interrupted by a noise... silent sniffling.

Alarmed Yuri glanced up at Viktor.
The beautiful man was crying, tear after tear dripped into the water of the hot springs.
"We danced...", he mumbled quietly, trying to hold back his tears.
"If you don't remember then I don't know why I'm here."

"Viktor, please", Yuri said desperately, approaching the other man as far as the water allowed him.
"Don't cry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry... Why did you come?"

Viktor locked eyes with the younger skater, stepped out of the hot springs and wrapped a towel around his waist.
He lifted a hand, moved his fingers through his wet hair and revealed a black strand. He took a deep breath.
"That evening... I fell in love with you, Yuri Katsuki."

Yuri's eyes widened.
This could not be happening, this was a dream.

"It's fine", Viktor spoke up. "I know you don't feel this way about me... I just hoped that-"
Yuri leaped forwards, gripped Viktor's hands in his own and pulled him on the ground next to the hot springs.
"Look", he said smiling, turned towards the water and moved his hand through his ebony coloured hair.
And there - a silver strand peeked out.
"Viktor... I love you. Always have and always will."
Viktor's reflection in the water smiled happily, and he turned again to embrace the other man.
"Ebony and platin", he mumbled into Yuri's shoulder.

----
A/N:
This kinda turned out crappy meh :c
Also, I'm sorry for all that POV changes...