Return to Alola.

(I found the image on Pinterest. In this, people require licences to own certain Pokémon in Alola. Mohn is Gladion's and Lillie's father. :3 )

Gladion looked towards the bay and almost threw up. There was Lillie, Sun, Moon, Hau, Mohn, Kukui and... Guzma?? How'd he manage that?

Whilst he was looking, Guzma had raised his hand and waved. Gladion waved back before going into the underbelly of the ship. Ly had come down about a half-hour before to change into something less... Warm. She stood on the threshold of Absol's door and was chatting animatedly to the Pokéhuman. 

Absol was in human form, navy gloved fingers interlaced as he listened. Ly was wearing a blue T-shirt and a pair of red accented jeans. Her white hair was just below her ears and she wore a green fedora with a black fletchling feather in it. This was the kind of style she wore to Hoenn.

They smiled at him and he responded, then walked to his room, slinging his bag over his shoulder. He sat on the single bed and waited.

This is kinda what I imagine Absol to look like, just mine has gloves and no dagger

The captain's voice rang out. "Thank you for travelling with Jellicent Ships. We hope to see you again!" It was time.

He made his way to where Ly,  Pokémon Absol, N, Gold and Silver were waiting. Also waiting was Luke, Ly's partner (non-intimate,) who had deep brown hair and grey eyes. They departed, Gladion going first, in single file. Gladion caught a glimpse of the people waiting, before he was smothered by a hug.

Lillie had grown a fair amount in recent years, although she was still shorter than him, and seemed... bubblier. She almost took him off his feet. There was a long period of discussion between them, before she dragged him over to Sun, Moon and Hau. Hau enveloped him in a hug, and enveloped was entirely appropriate. Hau was huge. He had gone up and out, but he wasn't fat. He seemed more... everything. Gladion had just gone up, but not by much.

Words and hugs were exchanged, Gladion knowing that absolutely nothing had changed in Hau, Sun and Moon. They were exactly the same as he remembered, Malasadas seemingly always on Hau's mind. ("They're so good! You should come with me to try them sometime!")

Then he came before Guzma. They looked at each other for a while before Guzma said, "C'mere," and hugged him. Gladion hugged back. Guzma smelt the same, like cheap cologne and... well, Guzma. He had been a farther figure since Gladion ran away, so it was normal to take comfort from him, right?

Guzma released him and Gladion stood back. Guzma conveyed everything in a smile. It was all fine. A small amount words were said, Gladion learning that Guzma had taken over Acerola's trial, people getting Buginium Z instead of Ghostinium Z, (these are going to be a pain to write :/ ) and Guzma getting to stay in Po town being a bonus.

Few words were said to Mohn, those being awkward and obvious bad attempts at small talk. Gladion wasn't entirely comfortable with him yet, his heart still hurting.

Gladion turned and saw Ly talking to Kukui. "So, I'm fairly certain that only one will fail, but A. he's blind, B. he is pretty young and C. I've got the final evolution and I know how to deal with him."
"Sounds good cousin. If we could move elsewhere, that would be great, yeah?"
"Sure." They walked along to Kukui's house, stopping by the waterfront.

"Launch!" Ly shouted her usual battle intro as she threw three pokéballs into the air: one premier, one dusk and one timer. The premier opened to reveal Pyro, a female Pyroar, her long mane flowing. The dusk released Hydro, her three heads and ragged body belying the gentle soul beneath. Finally, Bisharp (this one is pronounced like when you say bipedal, as opposed to the normal bishop pronunciation) came, instantly jumping to sit on a rock. She was unsociable.

Silver released Weavile and Deino, the former climbing him and sitting on his shoulders. Gold let out Typhlosion and Gliscor. Gladion released Peppy, the Noibat fluttering up to rest on his shoulders and head. Last but not least, Luke sent out his shiny Bisharp, Percival, the Pokémon joining Bisharp on the rock.

Hydro was nuzzling Kukui, trying to get food/attention, Gladion wasn't sure which. Kukui patted her, the Pokémon eagerly responding. Sun was staring at Pyro. "Quick question, how is she dangerous?"
"Touch her mane and find out."
Sun did so, and yelped as his hand got burnt. "I didn't think you would actually do it."
"Yeah well, my brother does a lot of stupid things," Moon said, shortly before sending out her Alolan Ninetails and ordering them to 'cool Sun down.' Ly looked at the Ninetails. "I have got to get Da-Brycen one of those."  

They spent a while going through exercises, Kukui checking how competent the trainers were. They all got licences, even Deino, who had fallen over and crashed into things multiple times. Then there was the small issue of where Gladion was staying. Gold and Silver had booked a hotel together, and Ly and Luke were camping. Gladion mentally hit himself for not planning ahead.

Then Gladion almost did hit himself when Hau suggested that Gladion stay with him. But how could he say no?

I know this is bad, I had writer's block. Ugh, I'll explain everyone's teams soon. I've already got starters, what should I do for the rest of Luke's, Gold's, Sun's, Moon's and Lillie's teams? Give me ideas!

*Dragonite cry*