Chapter Two

"A-a Star Clan tattoo?" Tsubaki interrogated, her voice rising with sudden terror. "There's more people from your family?"

Black Star, who had finally stopped laughing and resorted to constant snickering, shrugged. He was so worked up by the sudden news that this was the only way he could handle it. A fidgeting hand creeped up behind his neck and yanked softly on his hair. He truly looked insane.

"T...That's impossible." Kid stammered, running a finger over the now scabbed over wound the girl had given him. "If she had been a part of your family, my father would ha--"

"No, he wouldn't have told you, Kid!" Black Star roared, his entire body beginning to shake. "He didn't tell you about the Kishin in the basement! He never told you about his relationship with Eibon, or Brew or any of the important stuff you wanted to kn--" 

Kid interrupted him by slugging him hard in the head. Black Star went down like a sack of rocks, crumpling up by Tsubaki's feet. 

"He would have gone mad." Kid stated, knowing that what his comrade had said was true. His father wouldn't have told him, so it was possible for Black Star to have a living relative. But what was she to him? A sister? Cousin? Even if they were infants, they must've at least known each other existed. They didn't even resemble one another at all. She was pale, he was not. She had smooth blonde hair, while he had jagged blue points. Her eyes were dark, and his were blue.

Wait.

Their eyes.

The Star Clan was known to have their eyes take the shapes of stars whenever they were insane or transferring to the "dark side". Black Star's had done that many times in the past.

"Madness..." He trailed off, looking into the blue sky. The sun was laughing, as usual. Soul sauntered up beside him, his scarlet eyes filled with disgust.

"What is it? Do you need us to go teach her a lesson?" He asked darkly. Maka nodded in agreement.

"Leftover... madness..." Kid clutched his chin with his first two fingers and his thumb.

Tsubaki looked up from her unconsious partner.

"What do you mean?" She questioned, tears threatening to spill any second. Kid closed his eyes in concentration. 

"After we defeated the Kishin, all of the madness clogging up the sky seemed to suddenly vanish. As we all know, nothing can comletley dissapear. Even words on paper. Once you erase them, they turn in to eraser crumbs. So here is the question. Where did all of the madness go?" 

Liz looked up at him, taken aback by the logic his question was based on. Patty didn't understand what was going on, as usual.

"Maybe... Maybe it evaporated into the sky?" Maka guessed, motioning to the air with a hand. Kid shook his head and swiftly dismissed her answer.

"If that happened, anyone who breathed it in would go insane." He said. Soul tried to think of something else, but no ideas came to him.

"My thesis is that the madness was spread out over the world to various different people." Kid scratched at his itching scab, causing the dried blood to peel off and reveal perfectly normal skin. 

"People?" Tsubaki repeated.

"Yes. Not necessarily humans, but meisters and weapons as well. Now, the questions that still stand are, 'how come we aren't insane?' And, 'how much madness is still left out there?' Well, I think that the madness spreads like a disease." Kid paused and took notice of how much attention was focused on him. "Whoever was feeling anger, regret, or negitivity the time the madness was released got infected first. They were followed by people who spent time around the already sick person. This sickness isn't really contageous, though. You can only catch it if you feel uneasy or angry around the person. If you act normally, you'll be fine."