Capsize

Please comment and vote for my story. This is my first story on wattpad.

The sun rolled down quickly and it was dark soon. I don't like to brag but the sky looked terrifyingly beautiful. the clouds seemed like solid mass glued to the starry sky and it felt serene. But such monotony of silence in this wide ocean calls nothing but trouble. I was quivering inside and i felt odd. Although I was afraid but Vincent's company seemed to dilute that feeling.

He was humming a lost tune which i had no idea of, but it was soothing and comforting.

"what is it that your humming?", I asked him.

"It is a fisherman song called laugang  and we fellow fishermen sing it when we are alone on the ocean. It reminds us of our profession and family and how the ocean is our deity." said Vincent in a solemn manner. His face wore a calmness.

"wow, the song really makes me feel secure, I wonder how terrifying it is to wake up every morning and later find yourself in the middle of sea." I said.

"yeah but it is my destiny and i never complain because I like being close to the nature, away from all the city hustle"

"they say a person gets more closer to God when he is close to wilderness all alone. He understands nature and the need to conserve it" Vincent said.

wow man that was deep, deeper than the part of ocean we sailed towards.

while Vincent was rowing, I was splashing water to the spot which bubbled and it seemed to follow us. Whatever it was I didn't like the look of it because they only remind me of movies where sharks go crazy.

After a little more time, The bubbling seemed to grow more, whatever that thing was, it was closing to the surface. I cued the reaction of water to Vincent but he seemed quite calm about it. He said that it wasn't a shark so not to worry.

To my surprise it was a dolphin, the first I have ever seen in real life and to such close extent

To my surprise it was a dolphin, the first I have ever seen in real life and to such close extent. It was beautiful, not like any of those common ones but really gorgeous. The dolphin had light azure skin. It also had a circle kind of mark on top of his head. I couldn't make out if it was caused due to an injury or something else because that creature sure moved fast. I wasn't afraid anymore. It seemed playful and responded to my touch. When I placed my hand on its head, I felt odd, the skin against my hand felt alive and breathing. Somewhat similar to my 'mo'.

The dolphin left us after some time and we were all alone. And the weather didn't seem pleasant at all. Suddenly our boat started shaking furiously.

"shit, we got caught up in a current, I think its the 'sava' current. Its really dangerous" Vincent screamed.

I think we accidently changed out track while playing with the dolphin. 

Vincent was trying his best to change direction but the current was too strong. It griped our boat tightly and swept us along. I was praying like hell. I didn't want to die so early. We struggled with the boat. Our oars were broken and the boat was filling with water. Vincent screamed something in my direction. Hold on tight James!! But it was too late. Before I could grab onto his hand or anything else, I was jerked out of the boat. I was inside the water and struggled to get my face to the surface. I couldn't. The moment I corked out to the surface, a large surf hit hard against me. I was thrown to the other side. The boat seemed to go further out of my reach. Some irresistible force was pulling me under and I was shrieking under water. I sucked for air and swallowed only more water. saline water. My lungs hurt, my head throbbed, I sure heard the sound of my ribs breaking. A numbness swept over my cold brain and I started giving up. 

I started letting go because I only clutched at water

I started letting go because I only clutched at water. I was drowning and felt the sand under me. I closed my eyes.

so that's what it felt like dying. Death wasn't as scary as I had thought. I felt breezy and light, I was crossing to oblivion and I wasn't scared.

Aurora

The weather was nasty. I never saw such a gruelling sky before.

I made my way past the shrubs and took a seat under my favorite maho tree. It fosters lots of birds and I feel awesome sitting on its thick branches. The tree is situated on a narrow cliff and I could see the complete view from such a height. This has always been my 'secret' place where I could enjoy my solitude. The starry night sky was majestic. The waters were were hitting the ravine like angry knights. The moment I decided to return to the village, something caught my eye. Something had washed up to the shore, a man, he was accompanied by a strange lookig dolphin. It must have helped the man, poor man, he wouldn't have lived anyway.

I returned home without paying any attention to the washed up man. But something worried me because of that strange looking dolphin.

Author's note

I am ending the chapter quite to an unpleasant scene. It was immoral of Aurora to not save James. But read further and you would know why.

This is aurora