Meeting Vincent

This work is copyrighted. All rights reserved.

"Hey james, Mr Collins has asked your presence", that was his secretary Tina. I know I am up for a good lecture from Collins now because I messed up some valuable samples of pennywort (a plant)

Collins is my mentor, he is a biologist and does all the freaking whatever thing that he does in his freakish lab. Apparently I am no biologist or any other major in any field. Collins happened to ask me to work under him when he saw me talking to my plants once. yes he's generous.

the very plants that I had grown in my backyard. I still live at my parents because I screwed up my chance at college and was literally loitering around with nothing to do.

I happened to like growing plants at my backyard because I loved them, they held so much peace and serenity. My mom was an enthusiast at growing greens and i happened to take that skill.

so here I am at Collin's house looking down at the floor while Collins is going all bananas at me.

"come on, they were some bunch of silly pennywort, you could easily get them over any part of Asia. And your making such a big deal out of it", I defended myself.

"you dimwit, they are not just any asian pennywort, they are a hybrid and potentially hold the secret to curing so many diseases. Man, I don't know what am I gonna do about it. They are freaking rare James!! " he screamed his eyes out at me.

I felt really bad about his samples. Anyways it wasn't my fault. My dog 'mo' ate them all. But I have to make it up to him, I know he has signed a contract with ROGreen (the biggest company out there at manufacturing medical drugs for new deadly unfolding diseases). And trust me those guys are not friendly at all.

"I am truly sorry Collins, Let me make it up to you" I said

"what do you mean James " Collins asked me back.

"well, just tell me the place from where'd you pick those plants from, I promise I'll get you those pennyworts", I offered my help.

All I heard was a load full of sighs from Collins.

****************

And that's Why I am standing at this filthy dock full of natives who don't have the slightest idea as to what I have to say to them. Nobody seems to know much English out here at this remote corner of Bangladesh. Finally I decided to show them the map and tried hopelessly to pinpoint the location of where i wanted to go. Damn that old man didn't tell me the exact location, I feel like going to Collins and choking him.

Fortunately I got my hands on a fisherman who could speak English. He was a bag of nerves when I pinpointed a location at approx. His fear showing clearly on his face.

"Sorry brother, but the surfs are too much to handle at this hour, and the area you specified is deadly. no one should venture in that area, plus its a big no with a fisherman boat that would call nothing but death", the guy refused. ( by the way his name was Vincent )

"please take me there, I really need to go there, can't you do something? I've travelled miles to reach the dock, I don't wanna go back" I protested.

"Fine brother if you have a death wish then you could rent out a boat and go there on your own", Vincent said to me.

I sighed upon the idea because trust me, I didnt ever rowed a boat manually, heck I never even ventured few meters in an open sea that too in a freaking boat! But I was adamant and nothing could stop me from getting those troublesome stupid plants.

after ten minutes I rented a boat, devoured some crab and tuna dish and watched the beautiful horizon. It was the perfect evening and the breeze felt cool against my exposed skin.

Unfortunately around ten more minutes later I was struggling to get the boat face the right direction

Unfortunately around ten more minutes later I was struggling to get the boat face the right direction. I was soaking wet after couple of tries at getting on the silly wood, had hit my head against a wooden pillar, cussed millions of times. I think I chose the wrong mission. But somebody decided to pity my wobbly head and helped me on my legs. It was Vincent.

I was giving off wide smiles at the person sitting opposite to me. Vincent decided to tag along. He said he didnt want to see a dead body washed at his shore. really! but damn I was happy and all goody. We rowed in deafening silence taking turns. It was a majestic sunset and not embarking on a journey alone, calmed my nerves to a great extent.