5: Disease

Chapter 5: Disease

-

When Kourin went to school, she noticed how Aichi was standing at the school gate and seemed like waiting for someone. Aichi glanced and saw her and smiled, he puts his hand up and waved at her.

Kourin walked up to him and she smiled back.

"Good morning Aichi," Kourin greeted.

"Good morning Kourin-chan! Let's go to school together?" Aichi said as he gave a grin.

Kourin nodded, they walked to their classroom. "Aichi, you didn't have to wait you know? You could've just went straight to the classroom." Kourin told him.

Aichi then chuckled, "Well I wanted to walk with you, I mean, I can't let my friend to be alone."

Kourin looked down, she thought about what Aichi said. A friend? She felt happy that someone considered her as their friend, and Kourin wanted that.

As they reached the classroom, they both went inside. Not noticing the stares their classmates gave them.

Aichi heard some of his classmates whispered. "Why are they together?" and "Do they know each other?"

Aichi sighed, it's the same thing he had experienced when he was walking on the school hallway with one of the known girl of Miyaji, Misaki Tokura, she's called as the Boss Lady because of her intimidating looks that could make anyone get scared if she ever gets angry.

Kourin also heard the chattering, yet she decided to ignore it. It was nothing anyways.
-

The class ended, Kourin was the first to walk out of the room before Aichi could. Somehow this made Aichi get a bit curious on why she does that. So, he decided to follow her.

Unfortunately Kourin saw him, she turned around quickly and saw the blunette in front of her.

"What are you doing, Aichi?" She asked.

Aichi panicked and scratched his head as he glanced around, trying to think of an excuse yet he couldn't.

"Um… I-I was… curious on why you... go home early, Kourin-chan…" Aichi said.

Kourin sighed and walked up to him, "My house is quite far away from here, it's on downtown so I have to go home early."

Aichi understood and he nodded, "I see."

"So… are you going to stay there because I'm waiting for my younger sister to go out of her school?" Kourin asked.

"You have a younger sister?"

"Yeah, she goes to Miyaji Middle School."

Aichi gave a smile, "I have a little sister too, she also goes there."

"You must be a good brother." Said Kourin.

"Well I try to be one, though." Aichi laughed.

Aichi then went near Kourin, "Kourin-chan, um.. Can I get your phone number? I mean, I want to talk to you even though we're far away."

Kourin stared at him, she started to get confused. "Aichi, why are you doing this?" She asked him.

"Eh?"

"Why are you trying to get close to me? It's not a bad thing though and I don't hate that you do it. It's just that, I'm confused and I'm curious too."

Aichi looked back at her and held her hand, "Because I promised myself something," he said. "I promised that once I found my princess, I'll do my best to keep her safe. And never let her go."

"There you go again with your princess thing." Kourin mumbled, Aichi heard and laughed.

Kourin took out her phone and gave her number to Aichi, "Here's my number, you can call me whenever you want."

Aichi nodded and took his phone too, "Then here's mine. I hope I can talk to you every time."

"Uh, sure."

Aichi then saw the students from the Middle School come out, he looked and saw his sister Emi talking with two other students.

As they walked, one of the students ran towards them and suddenly launched at Kourin. "Kourin!"

Kourin got quite annoyed and held the young girl's head. "Rekka stop it."

"Is she your sister, Kourin-chan?" Aichi asked.

"Yeah," Kourin replied.

Rekka then glanced at Aichi and smirked, "Oh, are you Kourin's boyfriend?"

The two then blushed and looked away, Rekka giggled. "Oh well, I guess you're her best friend, huh. By the way, I'm Rekka Tatsunagi. I'm Kourin's younger sister!" Rekka said and she let go from Kourin.

"I'm Aichi Sendou, it's nice to meet you, um… Rekka-chan?" Aichi gave a smile at the younger Tatsunagi.

"Rekka-chan, we're going home now!" Aichi heard his sister, Emi called. He looked at Emi and her other friend Mai. Rekka then smiled at Emi and she waved goodbye to them.

"Goodbye, Emi-chan! Mai-chan!"

Rekka then held Kourin by her arm and spoke, "Let's go home now, Kourin! You still have things to do in our house don't you?"

"Oh right," said Kourin and sighed. "Um, Aichi? I have to go home."

"S-sure, I'm going home now too. See you again?" Aichi replied.

"Yeah," Kourin nodded and she went home with Rekka.
-

"Kourin, we did tell you about not getting too close to somebody right?" Rekka said as she looked at her sister.

Kourin looked down as they walked and bit her lip before replying, "I know, and I don't want anyone to get hurt if they knew about my… problem… but Aichi, I can't just ignore him. He's like my best friend."

"Yes, that is definitely right, Kourin. But what will you do if he finds out? Won't he be sad if he knew? I mean, your disease is incurable and there's no other way to stop it."

"…I can't tell Aichi about this, not now…" Kourin responded and looked at Rekka.

"I'm sorry, Rekka." she said.

"No, it's not your fault, Kourin. I'm sure we can get through this, I want you to stay here with us. We love you, you know that?" Rekka replied and smiled.

Kourin smiled back and sniffed as she felt her tears flowing. But Kourin laughed and held Rekka's hand. "Come on now, let's go home."
-

END OF CHAPTER 5

A/N: Yes, Kourin has an illness in this story. I feel quite bad for doing that but since this is an AU story I have to do it. The actual prompt for this I got from watching/reading some stories that has this kind of plot. I'm really sorry in advance for what will going to happen with the flow of the story. Jet out.