Chapter 19: The Final Rounds

Start from the beginning

*FLASHBACK*

     "AHHH!" I screamed when she pushed me inside a room full of Navy soldiers. Tears fell from my face as I realized my mistake. The smile from the old lady's face got replaced with a cruel smile. "This is what you deserve, freak!"

     I looked at her with betrayal clearly shimmering in my eyes, before a soldier blocked my path. And in no time at all, I was surrounded. They inched closer with a murderous look on their face, weapons in hand. "We got you now, princess." "There's no escaping." "Be ready for your doom." "Stupid little princess".

     I was hyperventilating a bit, my breathing getting ragged. I was scared, hurt, and I didn't know what to do, seeing all those sharp objects about to pierce me. My head pounded, causing both my hands to clutch it in pain. I squeezed my eyes shut and dropped to a kneeling position, crouching down. And I screamed in agony like never before.

     One minute I was in the middle of navy wanting to kill me and the next I was in this bloody room filled with corpses. I didn't know what happened. When I screamed, I opened my eyes, and this is what I see. I looked at my hands to see a head that was seemingly ripped off. I let out a squeal and let go of it immediately. I looked at my hands and clothes that were stained with blood as my stomach dropped and I felt like I was about to puke. All I could do was scream again and run away. Far, far away...from the proof that I was a monster.

*FLASHBACK END*

     ...Sorry, kid. But I had to do something. I couldn't let my host be killed. And I was kinda crazed because of all those years spent trapped.

     No, it's fine. 

     You weren't the one that killed them, it was me.

     ...

     Sleep, kid. You need it.

     I nodded and dropped back on the bed, drifting away in the cold of night.

~~~

     BEEP BEEP     BEEP BEEP    BEEP BEEP    BEEP BEEP

     "Arg! Shut up!" I shouted angrily and slammed my hand on the poor little alarm clock, causing it to shatter in pieces. I sweat dropped at myself, and decided to go train for a bit. Can't go fighting without some warm up, now can we?

     I jumped out of the covers and did my morning routine. Putting on my black ninja combat boots, I headed out. "Ittekimasu (I'm leaving)," I mumbled to the empty house before locking up the door. 

~~~

     I was right on time, close to being late. But I wouldn't dare. As a princess, I was always thought not to keep anyone waiting. Aside from my team training/missions. I mean, Kakashi's always late anyway, and Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are people who won't mind :). I stood up straight and proud, just like I would do in Kurisutaru. I was more than ready for this fight. But one thing worried me -

     Where was Naruto and Sasuke???

     As if reading my mind, Naru came flying in to answer my question. He talked about some bulls before the proctor reminded him where we were, and what was happening. We exchanged greetings before everyone fell silent. The huge crowd watched our every move. All the competitors stood in a line, left to right - Temari, Kankuro, Gaara, Me, Neji, Naruto, Shikamaru, Daichi, and Shino. 

     We were still waiting for Sasuke, and I spotted the Kazekage coming to his seat.

     Watch out for him.