"What does that mean?" I ask

"I apologize Luna, but Alpha Mason... he's in a coma" he shares

I don't hear anything after that. No....my Mason....in a coma? How can this be? This wasn't right. It should be me and not him. Why doesn't he wake up? I hear the doctor say some more words but I only catch some of them

".... coma.... wake up.... wolf bane...unknown"

"I want to see him" I suddenly say interrupting him "I NEED to see him " I say pronouncing the word need for them to understand.

"He's been moved to the East Wing on the second floor, room 309" he says and I'm out of there before anyone can stop me. I don't know why this urgency but I had to see him. I had to make sure he was still here. That he was still alive. And I know that he would want me there, just like I would have wanted him there if the situation was reversed.

I take the stairs not wanting to have to wait for the elevator, every second I was away from him was torture for both of us, we were only ok when we were next to each other.

Room 309 was located at the very end of the East Wing in a secluded room. I push the door open and I finally release the breath I hadn't even known I was holding. There he was. I approach him slowly taking it all in. It's funny how I was in such a rush to come here and now that I'm here I'm afraid to get close to him. An irrational fear for sure but a fear non the less.

I stop when I reach his side. A single tear falls from my eye as I took him in. He was unconscious, he could have looked as if he was sleeping if it wasn't for the tube in his mouth that I knew that it was what was helping him breathe. I take his hand in mine and a sense of calm swept through me as I felt the sparks from the mate bond. A machine next to him started beeping faster and I recognised it as being his heart monitor. Somehow he knew I was here.

"Shhh baby" I say wanting him to calm down. I ran my fingers through his hair hoping that he could feel it and that it would relax him "I'm here.... I'm here and I swear I won't leave your side until you open those beautiful blue eyes for me, okay?"

His heart started to calm down, he was listening to me...I knew he was.

"I love you baby so wake up soon ok? I can't bare the sight of seeing you like this" I say and then I kiss his forehead. I push the chair next to the bed closer to it and sat on it never releasing Mason's hand. I needed to touch him. For him to know I was there and for me to have the strength to hold on and don't give up.

One hour turns into two and then to three and not even a change had occurred. I kept talking to him, I would tell him some of my childhood stories and how it was to grow up being the daughter of a siren and a werewolf. I even talk about our future, of the trips we could take, of our family. I told him how I wanted a big family, since I hated growing up being an only child and always wanted siblings and I didn't want my own child to go through that.

"Just you wait Mason and we will have mini me and mini you running around and causing trouble" I say giving a small chuckle "But you have to wake up for that baby. I want us to have the chance to became a family so don't you dare go and leave me so unsatisfied. I would never forgive you " I warned him wanting him to have some kind of reaction but my disappointment came fast. Not even a single tremor.

I talked with him until exhaustion made me fall asleep clutching his hand tight. I was nudge awake by Tessa who was looking at me with worry and sympathy. Mason was still her son and I could tell by her swollen eyes and tired features that she was suffering very much seeing his son like this.

"Honey you need to eat something" she says caressing my hair

I rub my eyes and I look at Mason who was still in the same position as before, my hand still holding tight to his.