14. Good morning, sunshine - part ii {MiniJZL}

Start from the beginning

He glanced over to the bedroom door, and stood in the corridor was a tired looking Simon with the glass of water in his hand. His blonde hair stuck out a random angles, his blue eyes hardly open. Simon was in his pants from last night, and wore a shirt that wasn't Tobi's, but wasn't the one that he was wearing last night.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty" Tobi greeted, cheerily.

Simon groaned a reply, edging towards one of the kitchen stools, still a little wobbly on his feet "Morning" He replied, Tobi only just understand the words through Simon's husky tone.

"How's your head?"

"I've had worse" Simon replied, observing his surroundings.

Tobi turned away from Simon and dished up the bacon, sausages, beans, scrambled egg and toast onto a plate, swallowing the lump in his throat "How much do you remember?"

Simon hesitated "I remember Josh got tequila over his beard" He giggled at that, and Tobi slid him the plate of breakfast, along with a knife and fork "Thanks"

Tobi nodded and sat down opposite Simon, with his own breakfast, waiting for Simon to continue.

"Erm, I remember Ethan falling over infront of Emily, and I remember dancing with a couple of girls" Simon shrugged, and tucked into his food.

Tobi looked down at his plate "Nothing else?"

"If you're asking whether I remember not being able to get my socks off and sleeping in the same bed as you with you in my arms, then yes, I do remember that"

Tobi felt his cheeks heat up, and he did his best to avoid Simon's gaze "So, you didn't do it because you were drunk?"

Simon didn't reply, one corner or his lips turned up in a smirk, his eyes sparkling. When Tobi didn't get a reply, he worriedly glanced up at Simon, but after seeing the look on his face, Tobi broke out in to a smile and he let out a nervous laugh.

"You know, you talk in your sleep"

"You know, you're flirty when you're drunk" Tobi replied, sarcastically.

"No, really" Simon insisted, happily munching away on his food "You sleep talk!"

Tobi frowned, nobody had ever told him that before. He suddenly became quite self conscious, wondering about what he possible could've said "Did I tell you that it was me and Josh that ate your treacle sponge, not Vik?"

"What?" Simon exclaimed "No! That was you?!"

"Hey!" Tobi raised his hands defensively "Josh told me it was his!"

Simon just scoffed, and then shook his head, a smile pulling at his lips "No, it was really quite sweet" Tobi felt his stomach drop "I'm glad you want to look over me, you care to much"

Tobi lowered his voice slightly "Is that what I said?"

Simon nodded, sitting back in his chair as he continued to eat. The look on his face made Tobi anxious, and he wondered what Simon would come out with next.

"Anything you'd like to tell me?"

Tobi looked away, staring down at his plate of food. He didn't feel hungry anymore. His gut told him that he'd blabbed his mouth last night, and now Simon knew about his feelings for him. But if he hadn't, he didn't want Simon to know. Maybe he could play it off, play it cool, and maybe Simon would never know.

Better that than their friendship going out the window.

"I..." Tobi trailed off, taking a deep breath whilst he weighed out his options "I don't think so"

Simon rose a brow "Sure about that?"

"Yeah"

Simon stared at Tobi, seeing right through him. But he nodded slowly, smiling and deciding to accept Tobi's lie "Okay then"

The air between them became awkward, Simon knew that Tobi was lying, and Tobi was aware of that. Tobi felt like he couldn't breathe under Simon's eyes, and so he headed back into the kitchen where he placed his plate in the sink.

Tobi ran his hands down his face, groaning. He should've just admitted his feelings, but he couldn't face them. Simon had given him the opportunity to confess, but he'd blown it. He presumed he'd never get a chance like that again.

"Oh, why?" Tobi muttered "What are you doing?"

Tobi shook his head slightly, sighing to himself. As he stood there, he felt something wrap around his waist, just like he did last night.

He stiffed, knowing it was Simon's arms. Simon rested his chin on Tobi's shoulder, nuzzling his head into Tobi's neck.

"It's okay" Simon reassured "You don't need to hide from me, if anything, you can open up to me" Simon placed a gentle kiss on Tobi's cheek, causing the shorter boy to burst into a smile "Who knows? I might just like you back"

Before Simon could continue, or Tobi could reply, they both heard a thud. They paused, listening, and they heard a faint knock on Tobi's front door to the flat.

Tobi frowned, as did Simon. Tobi turned around in Simon's arms so he was facing the blonde, his eyebrow raised "Who's that?" Simon asked.

Tobi shrugged, and managed to escape Simon's arms, causing the older male to whine and pout like a child. Simon followed Tobi to the front door, and stood behind him as Tobi pulled open the door.

There, passed out against the door was Cal, extremely hungover from he night before. He had pink glitter across his cheeks and in his blonde hair, a balloon dog laying across his chest. He'd lost his shoes, one foot was in a white sock, the other in a red high heel.

Simon started laughing, and Tobi couldn't help but giggle at Simon's laugh.

11.03.17