Chapter Nine - Wedding Dress

Start from the beginning

I felt Jordan nod. "Now, next lesson to living," Jordan said, leaning against the counter.

"We're still doing that?" I asked, confused.

"I made a promise didn't I?" he replied, smiling. I smiled back and sat on the counter opposite from him.

"Continue," I said.

"I'm taking you out on a date tonight, your first ever movie theater date," he announced, walking towards me and standing between my legs, putting his hands on my thighs.

"Oh, I don't know, Jordan," I began, "My mom said I had to be home by twelve for something."

"Then let's go now," he said, grabbing my hand and running to the front of the house. I laughed and we left the house hand in hand.

When we had gotten to the movie theater, he grabbed my hand and ran to the building and went up to the counter.

"Two tickets for Frozen please," he said. (I believe it's out of theaters now, but there's no other movies that I am aware of XD) 

We walked into the larger room, handing the tickets to the man at the entrance. We went to get popcorn, and this time, I took out my wallet.

I felt Jordan grab my hand. "Next lesson of life, the gentleman always pays," he said, smiling.

I looked around. "What gentleman?" I joked.

He shot me a sarcastic glance, laughing, and we bought our popcorn, and we entered the movie theater.

(I'm going to skip the movie because I'm too lazy and it will be boring...)

We left the theater, laughing. "Oh, God, Jordan, nothing can ruin this day," I said, leaning my head against his shouler as we walked out of the building.

As if on cue, my text tone went off from my phone in my back pocket.

I took it out swiftly and looked at the screen. 

Honey, we're going wedding dress shopping. We're meeting Mitch there. You know that wedding dress shop downtown? Meet us there at twelve o'clock sharp. It read, from my mother.

"Nevermind, Jordan, obviously my god damn mother can ruin my day!" I exclaimed, shoving my phone back in my pocket.

Jordan looked at me curiously.

"I have to go dress shopping. Ugh! This is gonna be torture!" I yelled, still walking to the car. Suddenly, I thought of an idea to make the time go by faster. "Come with?" I asked Jordan.

I saw him smile and nod. "Of course, Ellie."

*TIME SKIP*

When we had gotten to the shop, we walked into the large building and was immediately greeted by the woman at the counter.

"Hello! Are you looking for a wedding dress today with your fiance?" she said cheerily, glancing at Jordan.

I felt my cheeks heat up at the sound of it. "No, just a friend, helping her out," Jordan spoke up behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"My, um, mother and a brown-haired boy named Mitch should already be here," I said.

"Oh, yes! Right this way, please," she said, leading us towards a room in the large fancy hallway.

I entered the room first, and my mother immediately shot up out of her seat. "Oh honey! Thank goodness you made it!" she said, hugging me. "...And you brought Jordan," she continued when Jordan stepped into the room.

I saw Mitch stand up suddenly, balling up his fists. I put my hand on his chest and said quietly, "Shh, it's fine."

He nodded and sat back down. My mother ran to the other side of the room. "Honey, I already picked out a few dresses for you to try!" she exclaimed, clearly excited.

I looked through them all, and to be honest, I didn't like any of them. They were either 1) too simple, or 2) too dressy.

If I was being forced to get married, I at least wanted to pick out a beautiful dress that I wanted, not what my mother wished she could've worn on her wedding day.

A dress in the corner in the discarded pile caught my eye though. It was truly beautiful. The top was embroidered with beautiful patterns and the bottom puffed out.

"I want to try that one," I said, pointing to the dress in the corner.

"Oh, well, sure, I guess, honey," my mother said, slightly disappointed.

I grabbed the dress and walked outside into the large fitting area across the hall, closing the door. I took off all of my clothes and began to slip on the dress.

I tried to reach for the zipper in the back, but I couldn't. I walked towards the entrance of the room and opened the door slightly.

"Jordan, can you help me with this?" I said quietly, poking my head inside the other room, not comfortable with Mitch helping me, and not wanting my mother to either.

I saw both Mitch and my mom look up at me, surprised, but Jordan just nodded and stood up, walking into the room with me.

He zipped up the dress and I turned around. He stepped back and I saw him put his hand to his mouth. It reminded me of those photos of the fiance's reaction when he sees his future wife in her dress for the first time. 

I thought Jordan was going to cry, so I stepped towards him, and I grasped his upper arm and smiled.

Jordan took a deep breath and said, "Mitch sure is a lucky man, marrying such a beautiful lady."

When those words escaped his mouth, I felt a sudden wave of emotion come over me, one that wanted to hold Jordan in a tight hug forever.

"And I wish it was you," I whispered, stepping forward and kissing him.

"Ellie, are you almost ready to show us--" I heard my mother say before opening the door.

---

A/N Doesn't this sound familiar? O_o It's deja vu!

 XD

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny