Chapter One: The Beginning

Chapter 1

Sitting in my chair, so exciting. Everybody jabbering around me on what they're going to do over the summer... lame. As I'm sitting there, Kelsey Mays turns around and asks me, "Hey Alice! What do you have planned for this summer? I'm going to New York and such. Y'know, no big deal." "That's nice Kelsey. I don't really have anything planned. The only reason you're going to New York is because you're rich. Everybody knows that. A huge amount of us could honestly care less." I say to her while pretending to type on my phone. I glance up, and she's glaring at me. I shoot her a smile and look at the clock, the bell is about to ring. Finally, I will be done with Junior year. I listen as my classmates count down. Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Ring! Everybody shoots up from their desks as if they are rockets and scurry out of the room. I get up and walk out of the building I call The Insane House Of Idiots to my car and drive home.

Once I get home, I get out of the car and walk inside. My twin brother, Joshy, is already home. He's sitting on the couch watching television and texting someone, I imagine his boyfriend. I glance to him and smile, and he smiles back and greets me. I greet him back, and I run upstairs to my bedroom and put all my junk down in the back of my closet. Won't be needing that for a while. I start thinking on what I actually should do over the summer. I've got it, and I start sketching it out. 

About an hour passes and I find my sketch complete. I tear it out of my notebook and walk to my mirror and tape it up. I take a few steps back and look at myself and the drawing. I whisper to my reflection, "Goodbye old me." I smile and then run downstairs. Joshy happens to still be sitting on the couch and texting. I'll leave him be. He's smiling, and that's a good thing. I walk to the bathroom and make my dirty blonde hair up into a bun. I pull my headphones out of my jacket, and put one in my ear. I grab my phone and press the play button and head out the door and go for my jog.