No Memory

Jazz's POV

I walked into the room that Mr and Mrs Kim were in and took a seat on the empty chair. "She finally fell asleep" I said as I looked up, "and it seems like she has no memory of the boy either" I continued and Mrs Kim smiled. "The doctors said that its possible that she only forgot about the painful moments in her life" Mr Kim said and his wife nodded. "Thats good then!" I exclaimed. "We should wipe out any sight of him in the house and on her phone" Mrs. Kim said and Mr Kim and I agreed. "I could come over and help you guys with that...since I know where she keeps her things" I said and they nodded. "Thats good. Thanks Jazzlyn, you've been a great help and support throughout all of this." Mrs Kim replied with a smile and came over and gave me a warm motherly hug. "You guys are just like my own family, I would be more than happy to help out" I whispered as I returned the hug.
---
Kim resident

"Jazz honey, did you take all the Polaroid pictures she had?" Mrs Kim questioned from Emma's closet. "Yup, I'm just going through her Facebook messages and phone" I slightly shouted so she could hear me "I put all the pictures in a box" I continued. Mrs. Kim came out of the closet and glared at me "why aren't you throwing them out, whats the use of keeping them?" She gave me a questioning look. "Well I think its better to keep everything in case she remembers anything. That way she wouldn't get mad at us for throwing things out or completely deleting them" I replied with a small smile. She looked at me for a few seconds then raised her eyebrows and nodded her head. "See, this is why I needed your help." She said with a smile. I chuckled and continued going through her messages and sending everything to myself before deleting all the evidence. After what felt like ages we finished ex-bf proofing Emma's room. We both plumped on the bed and took a deep breath. "Whew, we're finally done" I said and closed my eyes. "I never knew she had that many things with him" Mrs Kim exclaimed. "Well they did date for 3 years, so it makes sense" I added as Mrs Kim stood up from the bed and nodded "we should get going before she gets suspicious."she said and I rolled over the bed and followed her down the stairs and to car that was parked outside and we made our way to the hospital.
---
Emma's POV

As I was laying in the bed with my eyes closed I heard the door open and someone walked in. "Emma darling, are you asleep?" My dad asked. I opened my eyes and turned to face him, "hey dad" I said with a smile, "no I couldn't fall asleep, my head hurts way too much" I continued as I rubbed my temple. He sat on the edge of my bed and looked at me with his sorrowful eyes "do you want me to call the nurse. She might be able to give you something to make the pain a little more bearable." "That would be great dad" I said weakly and he got up and as he was walking out the door I heard him say "anything for my little girl."

After he left the room I looked at the clock and it showed 6:30 pm. I turned around and looked out the window thinking about all the things that I missed throughout the two years that I was in a coma. I thought about all the fun I could have had. I thought about the memories that I could have lost. Even though Jazz and I went through everything that I could remember and she told me about the minor details that I had forgotten I couldn't help but think that I was missing a big chunk of my memory. A big part of my life. I could feel a void somewhere in my heart but I didn't know what it was.

As I was thinking to myself my dad walked back in the room with a nurse following behind him. "Where are you feeling the pain miss?" The nurse asked as she pushed her trolly full of medicine in the room. "My head" I said as I looked at her then the trolly. "Okay thats not that bad" she said and proceeded to grab one of the medicines from the trolly along with an injection needle. She shook the medicine bottle and drew the liquid inside with the needle. She then injected the medicine in the IV drip that was connected to my Arm. "There you go, you should feel better in half an hour" she said and pushed the trolly out of the room and closed the door.

I looked towards my dad who was sitting on the couch across from my bed, "where are mom and Jazz? I haven't seen them all day" I asked as I raised my eyebrows. He quickly looked away and began stuttering "uhh...ummm...they...they just went to get some food" he blurted. I squinted my eyes at him and raised one brow "they spent the whole day getting food" I questioned. "Well they wanted to make you some homemade food so they went shopping first and then went home" he said and smiled awkwardly. I looked at him suspiciously and sarcastically threw out an "okaaaaay" and picked up the tv remote. As I was playing around with the tv, switching from one channel to another one in particular caught my attention. It was the news channel, something I dont normally watch, but the news reporter was talking about how the Korean culture is taking over the world with Kpop idols becoming more and more popular in the western countries such as the States and Canada. They were doing an interview with a Kpop group called BTS. I looked over at my dad who was watching with a surprised face. "Dad look Koreans are becoming more relevant in the western culture. Isn't that cool?" I said with a wide smile across my face.

As I was about to turn around to listen to the interview the door opened and Jazz and mom walked in. I quickly turned the tv off wanting to eat mom's delicious cooking. As I looked down at heir hands I realized that they were empty. "where's the food" I asked as I gave them a pout. My mom looked at me with a confused look, then looked towards my dad with her eyebrows raised. "Honey, did you forget to bring the home cooked meal you were talking about" my dad said through gritted teeth. "Ohh yeah right, no of course I didn't forget but Jazz was holding the plate and she tripped on her way here and dropped everything on the floor" she looked towards Jazz with a weak smile. Jazz turned to my mom and mouthed "me?" With a questioning look. My mom quickly nudged her with her elbow "right right, I dropped it. Sorry bae, we'll bring you something delicious tomorrow" she said as she gave me her most promising smile. I gave them all suspicious looks for about 30 seconds and then shrugged. "Thats okay, but I'm seriously hungry and I'm tired of hospital food, could you guys at least get me a pizza or a burger or something." I said and I swear it was as if they all took their first breath. They looked at one another and my mom and dad quickly volunteered to get me some take out and left Jazz and I alone in the room.

I turned to Jazz who was now lazily laying on the big couch in the room. "So," I said and she turned and focused her attention to me "are you sure we covered everything that I missed?" She looked at me with a surprised face which was soon masked with a face that read "hell yeah." "Of course I did," she said "remember, you told me the things you remembered and I told you the things you were missing" she added. "Why? Did you remember something" she blurted out worriedly. "No, not really. I was just making sure." I replied and she sighed.

After about 30 minutes my parents came back with a box of pizza and a bag filled with water and different flavoured sodas. I took a deep breath and swallowed the pool of water that was formed in my mouth. "YUUUUUUM, PIZZA!" I exclaimed and everyone laughed at how excited I was just to have a slice of pizza.

As we were eating we talked about random things that were going on outside of the hospital and I felt like I was finally back. I felt like I was finally home, with the people that I loved so much.

After we finished eating Jazz said her goodbye and my dad went to drop her off at her house before going home to get me clean clothes because I was getting discharged the next day. After they left my mom walked up to me and gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead before whispering "I wont let that ever happen to you again. Im going to protect you as much as I can." She pulled away and I looked at her with a confused look, she just gave me a warm smile and told me to go to sleep.

As soon as I put my head on the pillow and closed my eyes I drifted to sleep.
----
Authors note:

Whewh this was a long, overly dragged out chapter wasn't it? I just wasn't sure how to end it but I think it ended up okay. Let me know what you think of the way I write.