The second year

Jazz's POV
After two years of going to the hospital everyday, before and after school, I got a call from Mrs Kim asking if I could go to their house instead of going to the hospital after school.

As I was walking to the bus stop to go to the Kim's I heard my name being called.

"JAZZ, JAZZ WAIT UP" the person was practically yelling at the top of their lungs. I turned around and saw Damon, one of the guys from my class, running towards me.

I stoped and waited for him to catch up. When he reached me he was completely out of breath. Damon bended over with his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath before coming up and looking at me with worried face.

"How is Emma doing? Is she better? I was thinking of visiting her but I dont know if thats a good idea." He said in between breaths.

I glanced at him and gave him a weak smile "it's better if you dont for a few more days, I mean she is still unconscious anyways." I looked down at my fidgeting hands. He looked at me and nodded his head "that's true. But the guys and I still want to go visit her. Could you let me know when is the best time for us to go?" I nodded and gave him a smile. "I better get going now, I have to get to the Kim's before it gets dark." I said as I began walking. "Alright, I'll talk to you later Jazz" he said as he waved his hands. I waved bye to him and continued walking.

When I got to the Kim's I was greeted by Mr. Kim who told me that his wife was waiting for me in the living room. I bowed my head and began walking to the living room with him following behind. When we reached the room Mrs.Kim gestured to the couch in front of her for me to take a seat.

As I took a seat on the couch, Mr. Kim took a seat beside his wife and she started. "She might gain consciousness soon." She said with a weak smile. I looked up at her with a surprised look and I felt the tears building up in my eyes. "The doctors said they detected some brain activity and one of the nurses said she saw her move her finger," she continued. I smiled and jumped up from my seat "oh my gosh, thats great" I squealed. "Jazz honey, there is more." Mr. Kim continued where his wife left off. He looked at his worried wife and she shook her head, whispering an "I can't " that I barely heard. Tears were rolling off of her face and I was looking at the two of them as confused as I could be. Mr.Kim wrapped his arm around Mrs.Kim and continued, "the doctors said that she might not remember everything that happened to her before the accident." I looked at him even more confused than before "what do you mean she doesn't remember? You mean she forgot us?" I ask. "We dont know yet honey, it all depends on her. We have to wait to see what she remembers." I nodded my head as a tear fell down my face. What if she doesn't remember me I thought to myself. I was brought out of my thoughts at the sound of Mrs.Kim talking "we just wanted to let you know so you're prepared for the worst Jazz. We dont know what's going to happen but we all need to be prepared so we could provide the best for her recovery darling." She said as tears streamed down her eyes.

They've been through quite a bit. You need to be strong for them Jazz. I thought to myself.

"There's another thing we wanted to talk to you about." Said Mr.Kim and his wife continued, "if Emma doesn't remember anything about THAT boy," she paused and took a deep breath, "we're going to keep it that way." I thought about it for a few seconds, then nodded my head "thats a good idea, since this whole thing was his fault anyway." I scoffed and both Mr. and Mrs. Kim nodded in agreement.

"Okay, now that we are done discussing these matters we should get to the hospital" Mrs. Kim said and we all headed for the car that was parked in their garage.
------
When we got to the hospital we saw a few nurses and doctors running towards Emma's room. We all glanced at one another and began running as well.

Once we got to the room that Emma was in, we saw all the nurses and doctors from earlier gathered around her bed. We pushed through the crowd and finally got a glance of Emma. She was sitting there, in her bed, eyeing the doctors and nurses with a confused look.

"EMMA" Mrs. Kim gasped and leaped towards Emma and hugged her as tightly as she possibly could. "m...o...m" Emma said weakly and gasped for air as her mom squeezed her. Mrs. kim loosened her grip and chuckled as tears rolled down her face. "you remember me" she whispered softly but loud enough for us to hear. "Dad!" Emma exclaimed and opened her arms for her dad to join in. As they were having a family hug I stood back, hesitant about going forward. I wasn't sure if she would remember me, but as she let go of her parents and they stood aside she looked towards me and smiled weakly. "Aren't you going to give your sister a hug?" She questioned with her head tilting to the side. I smiled as tears ran down my face. She remembers me. I thought as I practically ran towards her and hugged her tightly. "How could you leave me like that. I missed you so much you idiot" I whispered and she chuckled "I would be surprised if you didn't" she replied. "Still sassy as ever I see." I said and pulled away from her. "Emma sweaty, your dad and I are going to talk to the doctors to see how you are doing," Mrs. Kim said, "you girls should catch up on things while we are away" she continued as she faced me and raised her eyebrows. We both nodded and they walked out along with the nurses and doctors leaving us alone in the room.
-----
Author's note
This chapter actually took me FOREVER to finish because I wasn't sure how I wanted the family to tell jazz that they wanted to keep The boy a secret. But I hope you all enjoy and look forward to the upcoming chapters.

I already started the next chapter so i hope you look forward to it