The past 2

Emma's POV

As I was about to leave, Jazz pulled me in a tight hug "Emma, I think its best that you forget him. There's a very slim chance that you'll ever see him again....so just...forget him. Okay?"

I could feel the Sincerity in her voice. She was really worried about me. She wanted me to be happy, just like I was, before I even met him.

I sighed, nodded my head and pulled away. "Thanks Jazz" I smiled and waved my hand as I walked down the steps and onto the sidewalk.

"Emma." Jazz called, "text me when you get home okay?" I nodded my head once more and continued to walk.

It was raining so I borrowed an umbrella from Jazz before I left. Even though it was only 6:30, the sky was pitch black with only a few stars.

As I was walking, lost in my thoughts I started to cross the street at a stop sign.

Halfway through, I saw bright lights directly flashing at me. I turned around and saw a car coming towards me with very high speed and it was as if I was glued to the ground. No matter how hard I tried to run or at least walk I couldn't.

I just kept staring at the car that was now only inches away from my body. And at that moment I saw my whole life flash right before my eyes. And all I could think about was how easily I let go of the one person that mattered the most to me. My boyfriend.
~~~~~
Jazz's POV
Its been 30 minutes since Emma left and I still haven't gotten a text from her. "It doesn't even take 10 minutes to walk from my house to hers. Whats taking her so long" I thought to myself. "Maybe I should call her." At that thought I took out my phone and speed dialled number one.

I waited for 5 beeps but no answer. "What the hell. Why isn't she answering." I redialled her number and a guy picked up.

"Hello?" I checked the number to make sure I called the right number, so why was a guy picking up her phone. "Uhh hi. Is this Emma's phone?" As I said that I heard someone on the other line shout "HURRY UP! WE NEED TO DO ANOTHER SET OF COMPRESSIONS."  Followed by another persons counting. As soon as I heard that I started panicking "HELLO? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? WHERE IS EMMA? WHO ARE YOU GUYS?"  I was cut off by the man saying "Mam you need to calm down. There has been an accident and..." As soon as I heard the word accident the phone dropped from my hand and I started tearing up. I heard the guy say "Mam? Are you there?" But no matter how hard I tried I couldn't move my arms.

It took me 5 minutes to realize that I needed to stop crying and go to where Emma was being taken. So I pulled myself together, wiped my tears, picked up the phone and with a shaky voice said "uhh...where are you guys taking her." The man on the other line said "Mam we are taking her to the North York General Hospital." I hung up the phone, took my bag and a jacket and ran to the garage wearing only my PJs and a tank top. I unlocked the car and sat in the drivers seat, turned the car on and headed out to the hospital that the man had mentioned. I knew exactly where it was since I've been there before.

When I got to the hospital I went straight to the emergency desk and there I saw Mr. And Mrs. Kim. Mrs Kim was sitting on the hospital chair crying and Mr Kim was beside her with his arms around her shoulder trying to comfort her. I ran to them, tears rolling down my face. "What happened?" I looked towards Mrs Kim and then towards her husband. As soon as Mrs Kim heard my voice she got up and wrapped her arms around me. "Shes having a surgery" she sniffled, "but the chances of her making it is very slim." As the words came out of her mouth I dropped to the floor taking her down with me. We both sat there, on the hospital floor crying for what felt like hours.

A few hours later the surgeon came out from the room and informed us that the surgery was successful but that Emma was now in a coma and they had no idea when she would wake up again. He then showed us to the room that She was in.

Looking at her on the hospital bed, she looked at peace, as if she hadn't been hysterically crying just a few hours earlier, as if she wasn't just hit by a car, as if the person she once loved was still with her.