Chapter 5: Decisions

Start from the beginning

"Okay." Tobias says. He walks over to me and I hand him a box of tomatoes. He walks over to the sink and starts washing them. He then walks back to me, and he reaches over me to get a knife, making sure that he brushes his arm against mine, teasing me. I have a feeling he knows that I am trying everything to hide my feelings for him, and he loves teasing me.

Since we have gotten together, we have pretty much made out when we first see each other; I haven't seen him today, so it's really hard keeping myself from, plus having him teasing me, doesn't help.

"Hey Tobias, can you send me the towel over there?" Caleb asks Tobias. I keep working on the salad I am making and try to ignore them. That is hard when I feel arms wrap around me. Tobias's arms. He then lets go of me and gives the towel to Caleb. He didn't wrap his arms around me, so it looked suspicious, but it was far from it. Since the towel was next to me, he had to do it, I just didn't realize it was next to me, because if I knew, I am sure that I would give it to Caleb before Tobias had a chance to give it to Caleb.

"Thanks," Caleb says and Tobias nod.

We finish dinner and we eat. I am sitting next to Tobias and my dad, then next to my dad is my mom and then Caleb followed by Marcus and then Tobias again. Tobias has been pretty good at teasing me during dinner and before dinner. Making sure he occasionally brushed his arms against me.

My dad and Marcus talk during the whole time, I don't really care what they are talking about, but I do notice Caleb pays attention very good.

"If you are finished Beatrice, you can take Tobias and Caleb upstairs, and I will do the dishes for you tonight." My mother says smiling at me. I nod and take my plate to the kitchen, put it down next to the sink and walk upstairs to my room. I close the door and go over to my bed. I lie on my stomach covering me face with my pillow and let out a breather. It's really frustrating not being able to be yourself, but it's even more frustrating when you can't act a certain way with someone, especially if that someone is teasing you about.

Someone knocks on my door and I say come in. Tobias walks in and closes the door and comes over to sit on the bed next to me. I sit up and he looks at me.

"You okay?" He asks and I look at him annoyingly and he lets out a small laugh.

"Why are you being so mean to me?" I ask him.

"Because it's fun seeing the reaction I can give to you." He says smiling. "I am sorry."

"No you are not." I tell him and he smiles. He leans in and presses his lips to mine. I wrap my hands around his neck and my hands instantly goes to his hair. He wraps his arms around me waist pulling me closer to him. After a few minutes he pulls away, leaning his forehead against me. He pulled away to early if you ask me.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks me. What am I thinking about? That he pulled away to fast away from me. But where that comes from. I do love him, but I don't know, things have been different now. I have become more desperate to kiss him; to be with him, to feel him, but why? I haven't thought about it, but I have a feeling I now know why. The Choosing Ceremony. It's coming up in two months. He is leaving in two months. He is leaving me in two months.

"Tris?" He says worriedly. I realise I have tears coming down my cheek that I didn't realise before. He cups my face in his hands and dries away the tears from my cheeks with his thumbs. He looks worried.

"Sorry." I tell him, pulling away. He looks at me hurt. I just can't get used to having him cup my face in his hand, making sure I am okay all the time, then I have to get used to the idea of not having him around anymore and I can't do that. I am going to break, we all know it.