Chapter 12

"The​ ​rose,​ ​sir,​ ​it​ ​dropped​ ​two​ ​petals​ ​at​ ​once."

"I​ ​know,​ ​Niall."

"But​ ​why?​ ​Master,​ ​it's​ ​supposed​ ​to​ ​be​ ​only​ ​one​ ​petal​ ​per​ ​week,​ ​I​ ​would've​ ​sworn​ ​I​ ​saw​ ​one​ ​drop yesterday​ ​and​ ​now​ ​two​ ​and.."

"Rosed​ ​die,​ ​much​ ​like​ ​humans."

"But,​ ​sir-"

"Enough​ ​Niall,​ ​just​ ​leave​ ​me​ ​be."

Harry​ ​sat​ ​down​ ​with​ ​his​ ​mirror​ ​in​ ​hand,​ ​it​ ​had​ ​been​ ​a​ ​week​ ​since​ ​Louis​ ​walked​ ​out​ ​of​ ​his​ ​life​ ​and the​ ​rose​ ​had​ ​been​ ​losing​ ​it,​ ​just​ ​like​ ​his​ ​heart.​ ​Both​ ​had​ ​been​ ​ripped​ ​apart​ ​it​ ​seemed.​ ​He​ ​felt weaker​ ​with​ ​every​ ​petal​ ​that​ ​dropped​ ​and​ ​he​ ​knew​ ​it​ ​wouldn't​ ​be​ ​long​ ​before​ ​all​ ​of​ ​this​ ​is​ ​over.

______

"Louis,​ ​love,​ ​there's​ ​someone​ ​at​ ​the​ ​door​ ​for​ ​you!"

Jay​ ​yells​ ​as​ ​she​ ​holds​ ​the​ ​door​ ​open​ ​for​ ​the​ ​stranger,​ ​letting​ ​him​ ​enter​ ​her​ ​homey​ ​house.

"He​ ​says​ ​his​ ​name​ ​is-"

"Liam?"

Louis'​ ​voice​ ​comes​ ​from​ ​the​ ​staircase,​ ​he​ ​frowns​ ​at​ ​the​ ​looks​ ​of​ ​his...​ ​mate?

"Lou,​ ​hey,​ ​I-​ ​uh,​ ​I​ ​came​ ​to​ ​talk​ ​to​ ​you."

"Okay,​ ​come,​ ​we'll​ ​talk​ ​in​ ​the​ ​living​ ​room."

Louis​ ​leads​ ​the​ ​way​ ​and​ ​sits​ ​on​ ​the​ ​loveseat,​ ​making​ ​Liam​ ​sit​ ​on​ ​the​ ​couch.

"You​ ​got​ ​a​ ​really​ ​nice​ ​mother,​ ​doll,​ ​she's​ ​honestly​ ​the​ ​sweetest​ ​and​ ​your​ ​home,​ ​I​ ​love​ ​it,​ ​it's​ ​so-"

"Liam,​ ​why​ ​are​ ​you​ ​here?"

"Oh,​ ​uh,​ ​yeah​ ​that​ ​story​ ​of​ ​course."

Liam​ ​takes​ ​a​ ​big​ ​intake​ ​of​ ​breath.​ ​Louis​ ​can​ ​see​ ​all​ ​sorts​ ​of​ ​nervous​ ​ticks​ ​on​ ​him,​ ​but​ ​decides​ ​to not​ ​say​ ​a​ ​word​ ​and​ ​just​ ​let​ ​Liam​ ​explain.

"It's​ ​not​ ​going​ ​so​ ​well​ ​with​ ​Harry."

Louis​ ​frowns​ ​at​ ​that.

"What​ ​do​ ​you​ ​mean?​ ​Is​ ​he​ ​sick?"

"Terribly​ ​so,​ ​I​ ​don't​ ​think...​ ​I​ ​don't​ ​think​ ​he​ ​has​ ​much​ ​longer,​ ​he​ ​is​ ​feeling​ ​so​ ​incredibly​ ​weak​ ​and