Chapter 10

New​ ​face​ ​in​ ​madhouse.

DONCASTER​ ​-​ Tuesday​ ​evening​ ​Mrs​ ​Jay​ ​Deakins​ ​entered​ ​the​ ​local​ ​pub​ ​with​ ​a​ ​lot​ ​of​ ​racket,causing​ ​uproar​ ​among​ ​the​ ​others.​ ​She​ ​talked​ ​about​ ​a​ ​giant​ ​beast,​ ​with​ ​big​ ​claws​ ​and​ ​teeth​ ​and gashes​ ​and​ ​cuts​ ​covering​ ​his​ ​whole​ ​body,​ ​the​ ​monster​ ​supposedly​ ​took​ ​her​ ​son,​ ​Louis​ ​-​ 

​​This​ article​​ ​​is​​ ​​only​​ ​​available​​ ​​for​​ ​​our​​ ​​subscribed​​ ​​readers.​​ ​​Want​​ ​​to​ ​read​​ ​​more?​​ ​​Subscribe.

_____

"Lou,​ ​love,​ ​why​ ​are​ ​you​ ​crying."

"It's​ ​nothing,​ ​Harry,​ ​just...​ ​let​ ​me​ ​be​ ​for​ ​a​ ​bit,​ ​yeah?"

I​ ​say,​ ​wiping​ ​my​ ​tears​ ​from​ ​my​ ​cheeks.

"Come​ ​here."

"Wha?"

Before​ ​I​ ​can​ ​question,​ ​I​ ​am​ ​wrapped​ ​in​ ​his​ ​big​ ​arms,​ ​my​ ​head​ ​so​ ​close​ ​to​ ​his​ ​heart,​ ​I​ ​can​ ​hear​ ​its beats.​ ​I​ ​let​ ​mine​ ​slow​ ​down​ ​to​ ​his​ ​heartbeat,​ ​while​ ​I​ ​calm​ ​down.

"Thank​ ​you."

"Saw​ ​you​ ​needed​ ​it."

"I​ ​did."

_______

"So,​ ​uh,​ ​if​ ​you'd​ ​like​ ​to,​ ​I,​ ​uh,​ ​I-"

"Haz?"​ ​Louis​ ​looks​ ​up​ ​at​ ​me,​ ​his​ ​blue​ ​eyes​ ​portraying​ ​worry.​ ​"Are​ ​you​ ​alright?"

"Yeah,​ ​I-​ ​I​ ​would​ ​like​ ​to​ ​show​ ​you​ ​the​ ​West-​ ​West-wing,​ ​if​ ​you​ ​want​ ​to."

Louis​ ​frowns​ ​in​ ​what​ ​I​ ​think​ ​is​ ​confusion,​ ​fiddling​ ​with​ ​his​ ​hands​ ​above​ ​his​ ​plate.

"Are​ ​you​ ​sure,​ ​I​ ​don't​ ​want​ ​to​ ​intrude​ ​or​ ​anything."

"You​ ​won't,​ ​you​ ​live​ ​here,​ ​so​ ​you​ ​should​ ​be​ ​able​ ​to​ ​go​ ​anywhere​ ​you​ ​desire​ ​in​ ​your​ ​home."

"Yeah...​ ​home."

_______

We​ ​were​ ​walking​ ​up​ ​to​ ​the​ ​West-wing​ ​together,​ ​in​ ​a​ ​slow​ ​relaxed​ ​pace.​ ​The​ ​silence​ ​which​ ​hung between​ ​us​ ​should've​ ​been​ ​awkward,​ ​there​ ​should​ ​probably​ ​be​ ​an​ ​enormous​ ​elephant​ ​in​ ​the room​ ​too​ ​and​ ​the​ ​tension​ ​should​ ​be​ ​cuttable.​ ​Though​ ​this​ ​silence​ ​was​ ​anything​ ​but​ ​that.​ ​We​ ​had  enjoyed​ ​our​ ​evening​ ​together​ ​over​ ​some​ ​great​ ​food​ ​thanks​ ​to​ ​Liam,​ ​some​ ​delicious​ ​wine​ ​and great​ ​flowing​ ​conversation​ ​about​ ​anything​ ​but​ ​the​ ​kitchen​ ​sink,​ ​and​ ​now​ ​we​ ​simply​ ​had​ ​no speech​ ​left​ ​to​ ​be​ ​said.