❥twenty eight

FAST FOREWARD TO THE FUTURE

the boys have been together since that summer. their families and them becoming closer over the years when they graduated, the two decided to take a huge step and move to new york. josh is 29 and tyler is 28.

they live in a cute condo and across from them is melanie, who lived in new york all along.

❥❥❥

tyler turned off the vacuum when he heard melanie coughing profusely from the bathroom. he walked to the doorway, looking in concernedly. "is bath time hurting you?" he asked with a grin. "no." she glared at him. "he's just a huge splasher and i got a mouth full of soap." she said.

"is that true johnny?" tyler asked the three year old who looked at his dad with similar brown eyes, recognizing his name being called. he giggled and splashed some more. tyler laughed as he glanced at the clock. "daddy will be home in a few minutes." he said as he continued vacuuming the living room.

melanie got johnny out of the bathroom and into his room to get him all dried off and dressed. she normally came over to help or even just play with johnny, she loved kids. she lightly ruffled his hair in the towel, it was really curly.

tyler put the vacuum away and plopped onto the couch making a grunt noise as he exhaled. he hasn't rested much today and it was almost 4 pm. he turned on the tv and began flipping through channels when he saw johnny running into the room with a big smile.

"look at you!" tyler smiled and johnny ran towards him giggled. tyler lifted him up and placed him in his lap. melanie came in, her clothes all soaked. "hey i'm gonna head out." she said as she grabbed her shoes. "bye bye!" johnny said. "bye mel." tyler smiled.

"bye guys." she flashed them a toothy smile, the same gap in between her teeth from when she was a teen, as she left.

"wanna watch tv johnny?" tyler asked, flipping through the channels. "mhm!" he nodded. tyler put on some kids show and sat with his kid who stared at the tv in amusement.

the doorknob began to jiggle, tyler perked up and johnny gasped as he watched josh walk in. "daddy!!" he yelled as he ran towards him. he jumped into his arms as josh held him up. "hey kiddo!" he smiled as he kicked his shoes off.

johnny played with his hair, which was recently dyed yellow. the eye catching color looking amazing through a three year olds eyes.

tyler walked towards them, greeting josh with a peck in the lips as he took johnny into his arms. "welcome home." he smiled sweetly. "it feels good to be home." josh smirked as he loosened his tie.

tyler took johnny back onto the couch. josh got a drink from the kitchen and came back to sit down with his family. johnny was playing with tyler's hand, more specifically his ring.

"daddy?" the curious toddler asked. "yeah?" tyler said. "how did you and daddy meet?" he asked. tyler and josh both looked at eachother in amazement, that's the first time he's ever asked that.

"hmm let's see, well it's kinda a long story." tyler said. "i love stories!" johnny clapped, making josh chuckle. "alright alright, we'll have a story time then. get ready." tyler said.

johnny scorched back and grabbed josh's arm, trying to bring him closer to listen as well.

"it all started during the summer. this one time, at band camp...