❥twenty four

it was a day that was dreaded. it was around 7 in the morning. it was pick up time. parents were all out front as the campers packed. of course melanie was crying like there was no tomorrow.

but they couldn't blame her, they were feeling pretty bummed. the cabin was soon empty, all their luggage in their hands. melanie continued to cry, which caused marina to shed a tear.

she pulled them all into a big hug. "i'll miss you guys so much!" melanie squeaked. "mel you'll be fine." tyler laughed it off a bit. "you guys are my only friends!" she cried. it seemed reasonable, melanie's personality is something a normal person wouldn't be able to grasp.

they all exchanged numbers and social media's. as they approached the cars and parents all crowded in the front, they said good bye to mrs. vandertramp and tyler waved to lin.

he said his last goodbyes to his friends and spotted his mom quickly. he didn't want to leave yet. he could find josh. he searched quickly as he slowly walked towards his moms car. "ty come on!" she called out. there was no sign of the red hair.

tyler felt a little sick over the idea that he will most likely never see josh again. how can that be? he was the first guy to not only not make fun of him but actually like him back. they even went as far as actually doing stuff, which as tyler thinks back on was pretty crazy.

he put his stuff in the trunk. "you alright?" his mother asked him as he buckled into the passenger seat. he nodded. "yeah, at least i had fun." he said. "i'm glad you had fun, marks missed you." she smiled, pulling away from the camp.

tyler stared at the camps sign as they drove away.

"i was surprised, you barely called me" his mother said. tyler chuckled. "i wasn't thinking much about home." he said. she raised her eyebrows. "are you saying you didn't miss me?!" she said in a sarcastically shocked tone. tyler laughed. "no no no!" he said. "i just met some really good people." he smiled. "i'm glad, did any live around you?" she asked.

tyler realized, he never actually asked any of them. how stupid of him. "no, but i got their numbers." he said. "oh how nice." she smiled, her stare on the road.

❥❥❥

tyler finished drying his hair with a towel and hung the towel back up to dry. he walked into his room, a familiar scent. he smiled as he sat on his bed. eagerly, he went on his phone. he wanted to look at their social medias first.

he read down the writing as he went on instagram.

littlebodybigheart

tyler grinned when he saw melanie's face. she was a very pretty girl, unique too. she posted a lot of polaroids and dolls. it really seemed to fit her. next was marina.

marinadiamandis

there were a lot of floral pictures. tyler smiled at the pictures of her. he loved meeting new people, and these ones were keepers for sure. lastly was lizzie.

lanadelrey

ah yes, lizzie actually explained to him the name. it was like a stage name for her, which tyler thought was cool, and it fit her pretty well. he followed all three and was surprised when he suddenly got a text from an unknown number. it read: TYLER !

he replied: ?yes

unknown: tyler joseph?
tyler: yes, who is this?
unknown: ITS MELANIE
tyler: OMG HII
melanie: HII u followed me on ig and i was super excited i had to text u :))

he ended up talking with her for the rest of the night.