❥twenty six

"i never would've thought you lived around here. i've never seen you before." tyler said, licking his vanilla ice cream. "we moved in during like the last month of school so." josh smiled as tyler nodded.

the teens were all sitting on a mint green table outside of the ice cream place. it was breezy, but still hot under the boiling sun. they were all trying their best to keep their ice creams from melting.

tyler's in particular was melting fast. he kept on licking his fingers before they got all sticky, he looked up when he noticed josh staring at him. josh smirked slightly as he looked away. tyler blushed a bit but was easily covered from the redness the heat made on his face.

he startled when his phone suddenly started ringing. he suspected it was his mom so he let it slide, declining quickly.

"where did you guys move from?" mark asked. ashley was about to answer when tyler's phone interrupted once more. "sorry." he said as he took his phone out of his pocket.

when he looked at the screen he saw a reflection of himself, the screen saying:

Melanie🍼 Would Like To Facetime

tyler answered quickly, it took a few moments before it connected and all they could hear was crying. they all looked shook, except for josh who recognized the cries.

"w-what's wrong?!" tyler asked. all he could see was he shoulder as the camera moved around. her face appeared on the screen, her make up running down her cheeks. "i-i thought you hated me for a second." she said.

everyone looked puzzled, tyler sighed. "no, no i'm sorry i didn't looked at the caller id the first time cause i thought it was my mom. no one really calls me." he laughed awkwardly. "oh god that's good." she sniffed, wiping her make up stained cheeks.

"hey mel." josh said. her eyes widened. "is that josh?!" she asked. tyler faced his camera towards josh. "oh my god you guys are together?! i wanna be there!!" she whined.

tyler introduced her to the rest of the teens. she obsessed over how much ashley looked like josh and how pretty jenna was. "i guess it's pretty convienient that you live near josh, i'm sure long distance relationships would su-" tyler quickly hung up the phone.

he laughed nervously as he crumpled up the end of his cone into his napkins. "service is bad." he lied as he got up to throw away his trash. josh tried not to laugh as everyone looked confused once again.

tyler's phone rang again. he answered it quickly. "tyler don't hang up like that!!" she squeaked. "melanie!" he said quietly, looking back to see if they were looking at him, they weren't. "nobody else knows about josh and i!" he said.

melanie covered her mouth. "oh my gosh i'm so sorry!" she said. "it's fine, i got to go though. i'll talk to you later okay?" he said. "okayy." she smiled. "bye ty!!" she gave antoothy smile. "bye" he smiled as he hung up once more, quickly going back to the table.

"hey ty how come you went to camp for singing?" mark asked the second tyler sat down. "what do you mean?" he asked. "well you play a lot of instruments so it like makes more sense." he said tyler shrugged. "i like singing more." he said.

"what instruments do you play?" ashley asked. "ukulele and piano mostly." he said. "aww ukulele is so cute!" jenna said. "cuter than the drums." ashley said. josh glared at her. tyler giggled at their brother sister like relationship.

❥❥❥

the teens all finished and were walking back to their neighborhood, which wasn't that far from frosty's.

"what should we do now?" jenna asked. "we could hang at my house." ashley said. "her house is really big." jenna said. "sure i'll go." mark said. the all looked at tyler. "sure" he said calmly, but in his head he was freaking out over the fact that he was about to enter josh dun's house. josh could tell he was nervous, he was easy to read.

they all walked back in the summer heat, tyler feeling more and more nervous as they approached the dun household. their house really was huge. tyler was the last one to walk in, admiring everything as he walked in.

"hey dad, a couple friends are over." ashley said passing by the living room where he sat in front of the tv. he replied with a short "mhm" as his attention stayed on the tv.

a short woman walked up to them, she smiled as she greeted them all. "hello everyone, i'm laura, most people call me mama dun." she smiled as she squeezed her two kids who looked uncomfortable. "i'll be right back." josh said as he slipped behind her and disappeared down the hall.

"now names, let's see. jenna i'm familiar with you." she said with a smile. "now who's this" she said, referring to mark. "i'm mark, nice to meet you." he said nicely. "hello mark, and you?" she asked tyler.

make a good impression! he thought to himself as he smiled at her. "my names tyler, nice to meet you." he said. she raised her eyebrows with an amused looking smile. "you must be that tyler." she said with a grin.

he looked at her nervously. why does everyone keep on saying that?