A Warrior's Heart

You come out of a blank space in your mind, and you once again regain consciousness of where you are.

What has occurred in past few hours hours still feels a little surreal to you.

You're at a table, in a kitchen, to the right of a very far away piano - sitting across from the very monster woman who had tried to kill you.
You suddenly remember that she had just been very hospitable to you, offering you something to drink and giving you the opportunity to get things off of your chest.

Except it's still a little awkward to try and do that right now.

However, now that she's not hurling spears at your face, you finally get the chance to observe her features more closely.
She has no defined nose, aside from nostrils. Her longest teeth stick out from under her deep maroon upper lip as she frowns, and just now you notice the scar diagonally crossing her her left eye, going under the eye patch. You wonder if the scarlet on and above her right eyelid is natural or cosmetic.
The serpentine pupil in her goldenrod eye is focused on her slightly webbed hands, paying close attention to the claws on the tips of her fingers. The expression she wears is one of a troubled soul; guilt, remorse, and grief.
Your gaze traveling down her surprisingly thin neck, you notice these dark stripes that you assume to be gills.

She has been silent for a very, very long time, but notices that you're observing her very closely.
Her face becomes a little discolored as her stare meets yours.

She attempts to overcome the tense atmosphere with small talk.
"...So..." she begins to say. "...You like Waterfall? I'm pretty sure you've probably seen a lot of it by now."

You nod a little.
"Y-yeah, it's p-pretty cool. I-I mean, in both meanings of the word, h-haha..."

She looks back to her hands and her expression becomes even more melancholy.
"You don't have to be afraid of me anymore, you know..."

You look to a cup of tea beside you that has long since gone cold, and then you exhale in a silent sigh.
You avoid eye contact with her.

Out of the corner of your vision, you see a side of her mouth come up in a forced smirk.
"I mean, I know we were enemies an hour or two ago! But I don't actually wanna hurt you anymore. Even though Asgore needs another human soul to save monsterkind, I think that can wait for some other human. I...I wanna help you."

You open your mouth to speak, but then opt to close it again.

You can tell your host is feeling uneasy. Perhaps even awkward.
She seems to be losing confidence.

"Though...I guess I can't really blame you if you hate me. I was a big jerk to you earlier. All my life I've believed that humans were awful creatures. Monster society has nurtured those beliefs with good cause. But then, I see you. I hear what you have to say. Then suddenly I realize..."

The slit inside her yellow orb is once again looking directly into your eyes. There is a certain despondent, pleading look about her face.
You can tell that in her own personal way, she has gone to hell and back.

"...You remind me of someone I used to know. Someone I used to..."

She can't bring herself to say the rest. It's far too painful for her.

You feel an overwhelming pang of sympathy for this woman. If it's anything that could make you reconsider your final decision, it's seeing this.
Seeing how much the loss of a loved one hurts.

Suddenly, you bring yourself to talk.
"It's okay, I don't hate you. It's fine, really. I'm just...you know what it's like to look in the mirror, and you just wanna spit on the reflection staring back at you?"