The Attack of a True Hero

The helmet she wears is menacing. The wind that tore its way into these watery caverns whips her crimson hair around violently.

She slams the end of her spear into the rocky ground and holds its length at her side. Her armor glistens even in the shadows.

Your hearing immediately picks up on her rough, deep voice.

"Seven. Seven human souls, and King Asgore will become a god. Seven human souls, and the barrier will be broken. We have four thus far, and you? You are going to become the fifth. Since you seem to have made it this far, I shall tell you the tragic tale of our people, as custom would have it. This all started, long ago..."

You shudder in fear as she glares at you in momentary silence, standing tall like the perfect soldier she is.
You can't help but feel amazed, as much as you are petrified.

"...Nevermind, you're not worth the history lesson!"

You continue to tremble, but don't say anything. Your eyes are frozen to her form.

"Were you waiting for me, human? Kek, I suppose after all this time you spent running from me like a coward, you finally realized there truly is no escape!"

Berating, the monster woman continues.
"Look at you! I thought humans were supposed to be glorious, magnificent warriors - but you? You're pathetic! I bet a rat like you won't even stand a chance against me!"

You bow your head, and avoid eye-contact. However, there is no way you can hide the sadness you wear on your face.
Somehow your fear just cuts out and you can't feel it anymore - as you are reminded why you came to Mount Ebbot in the first place.

She is silent once again, as she notices your posture: the posture of someone who has already given up.

"What the hell is with THAT look? Sad that you're about to die?! Oh give me a break! You know what's really sad? WHAT HUMANS DID TO MONSTERKIND IN THE FIRST PLACE!"
"Ya hear that, you brat?! You're good for nothing - NOTHING BUT YOUR OWN DESTRUCTION!"

You inhale sharply and a burning tear makes its way down your cheek. Your eyes have already been watering for a few seconds now.
The tear plummets to the ground, as does another, and another one after that.

"Well...that's definitely the truth. I am good for nothing." you quietly sigh.

Taken aback, the woman flinches. Clearly, she wasn't expecting this...

Her stance suddenly doesn't seem so proud anymore.
She turns her head away from you, gazing off to the side somewhere.

"Y-you'd better believe it's the truth! F-filth like you should have been purged from the Earth a long time ago! There is no making up for the crimes of humanity - except through bloodshed!"

Once more, you say nothing. Your expression speaks for you.

You can barely notice it, but the warrior's spear is shaking in her hand.
She turns her back on you furiously, groaning in frustration and dropping her weapon.

"Grrr, what is wrong with you?! You're not supposed to agree with me! You're supposed to be angry or frightened! This...doesn't make any sense..."

The wind howls a forlorn howl, and for the moment, all else stands still.

Swiftly, the atmosphere changes as she rips off her helmet and spins around to once again face you.
A piercing yellow eye stares you down; the other is concealed by an eye patch. Her gnarled, elongated sharp teeth grind from all of her fury, and a scowl on her brow casts another shadow on her scaled blue skin.