Chapter Five~ Adrian

Start from the beginning

"Great, thanks". He dropped his backpack onto one of the plastic black chairs and went to his locker, his fingers quickly working at the lock. "How are you?" Adrian spoke again before the other could answer, "no. I don't care. How is that amazingly attractive husband of yours? Since it's my birthday can you show me a picture". Adrian knew that he wouldn't, since having made that mistake once had caused Adrian to question him for weeks about his magical abilities in bed. If anyone that hot was going to marry someone like Benson, the teacher must have been good at something. It wasn't as if the band teacher wasn't attractive or anything, but Adrian felt that compared to the man's husband, the entirety of the human race looked unattractive. Except, he realised now, maybe Ezra.

Benson laughed and when Adrian turned back to him, saxophone in hand, the corners of his eyes were crinkled with happiness. "You're such a little shit," he said, but it was spoken with fondness. "James is very good. I'll tell him you asked. Jesus, by how much a talk about you kids I bet he feels like he already knows you". Adrian hummed.

"Can we work on my solo? I have state in like five weeks," Adrian trailed off and Benson nodded.

"Of course. Osmond is in the third practice room if you want to go get him". Of course Benson wasn't alone. Adrian didn't know why he had forgotten about Osmond, since the younger practically lived in this room anyway. And sure enough, Adrian could hear him in the background. If he had been paying attention earlier, he would have noticed the soft melody of the piano.

"I'm not playing with the piano," Adrian said, opening his saxophone case.

"I know". Benson swiveled in his desk chair. "It's good to practice though with your counting, and," Benson continued with a smug smile on his face, "I've been trying him to get him to agree to accompany some of my more advanced students, and the district has even agreed to pay him, but he's being difficult".

"Always is," Adrian mumbled as he moved to the practice room, banging on the door. The freshman with the wide grey eyes looked up at him, surprised, and, as he usually was for a moment after seeing Osmond's face, Adrian was struck by the younger's appearance. His sharp bone structure and midnight black hair and pale ivory skin was a stunning combination that always left him speechless. Too bad he was such a stubborn little bitch.

"What do you want, Adrian. I was practicing".

"Well now you're going to help me practice". Osmond looked annoyed with this, and rolled his eyes at Adrian's fingers which snapped at him to hurry up, but he followed him into the large room.

Bensen clapped his hands together. "Swell. Osmond, you already know the music, you fucking prodigy. Adrian, let's start at the second Allegro, pickup to measure thirty two". Adrian nodded, pulling his neck strap over his head and hissing when it got caught in his barrette. Mr. Benson grinned at him as Adrian fixed it quickly and then continued to adjust the strap.

Osmond played scales while he waited, seeming at home sitting in front of the electric keyboard and Adrian closed his mouth around his reed. His foot tapping rapidly, counting eighth notes.

"Alright," Benson said, seeing they both were ready. "One ee and a, two ee and a-"

***

"How was practice," Helen paused, "trator". Adrian couldn't but to laugh at her anger with him.

"It was great. Osmond keeps good time," he said, knowing she didn't really care about any of this. "The triplets are a bitch, as always, and my fingers cramp after playing too-"

"The triplets the triplets," she said, scowling because she knew exactly what he was doing. Which was acting perfectly innocent as he pissed her off further. "You said that last time about the triplets. If you're plan is to bore me to death, you should come up with some new material".