28 - "The Connect"

Start from the beginning

"Whatever. Money."

"I made a password, what is it?"

"Please."

"Nah, it's Daddy."

Cilia's eyes met his and she pulled her hand back like he was about to spit in it. "Nigga you must be stupid."

Allele shrugged, chuckling. "Aight, starve then." He got up from the bench and put the bag back on his back, going toward the street to cross to get to the pizza parlor. Cilia was right behind him. He could tell because he heard her sandals scraping against the sidewalk like she was mad as hell.

They got into the shop and easily spotted Iris sitting at a table by herself, legs swinging back and forth as she gobbled at her pizza, oil and cheese dripping down her chin. She was so lost in her food she didn't even see them enter the place.

Allele had to admit it felt good in here. They had the fan and air conditioning on. He looked up at the menu above the workers heads, figuring he should order something. He wasn't hungry, but he surely was petty and Cilia was about to learn that. "One slice please, extra cheese and pepperoni."

"Okay papi, three minutes." One of the men behind the counter said.

Allele smirked and turned toward Cilia who's arms were folded across her lower abdomen. A side effect from her bad attitude and her bottom lip stretched out like a long ass water slide. He chuckled, "Sure you just don't want to say the password?"

"No!" She yelled, making a few people look their direction.

He nodded his head but said nothing else. Iris who just happened to look up saw them and motioned them over. "Guys!"

"I'm coming, hold on." Allele said.

The man returned to the counter with Allele's piping hot slice two minutes later as he dug in his bag for cash. "A can of Sprite too please." He zipped it back up and placed it on his back, giving the man the ten dollar bill in his hand as he waited for his change.

Cilia's stomach growled loudly which made Allele look over his shoulder. He chuckled and shook his head, taking his change and putting it in his pocket, before taking the tray and heading toward the table with Iris.

"Okay!" Cilia called from behind him. "...I want money for pizza...da...ddy." She said through gritted teeth.

Allele turned around and met her with a blank face. "Say it right or no."

"Daddy please can I have some money for pizza." Cilia rattled off quickly, her cheeks heating up in embarrassment.