5 - "Back Home"

6 YEARS LATER...

The powerful smell of chlorine was strong inside of the huge indoor pool room. Allele stood inside the water, leaning against the wall of the 5 foot side as he watched his wife Iris, slowly walking around, her eyes darting everywhere as she kept her hands above the water.

Allele watched the light blue reflection of the pool water shining on her face as water swished everywhere. It was 1:45AM in the morning but the pool was open 24 hours in the Marriott Inn for hotel customers. They were the only two awake—or at least the only two occupying the pool right now. Which they both didn't mind.

"Allele," Iris's smooth, sultry voice called out, mixing perfectly with the light silver moon. "Allele baby where are you."

Allele watched her, lighting his Black & Mild cigar. Iris's head snapped in the direction of the sudden noise, but she didn't move. "Allele? Baby are you there?"

"Mmhm." He answered causally, holding the cigar between his lips.

Carefully putting her foot out in front of her, she began to walk toward the direction she heard his voice, her amber eyes looking all around her. "Baby can you keep talking, I don't know exactly where I'm going." Iris asked.

Vanilla scented smoke rushed out of Allele's nose, a slight amused look on his face as he watched her awkwardly maneuver through the water. Allele ran a hand over his thick hair, letting another puff out through his nose again.

"Allele please answer me, I don't want to walk over to the six foot side and drown or something." She said worriedly.

"You fine baby, just keep walking straight." He instructed, watching her slowly come toward him. The water gently swished around her as she walked in his direction. He nodded his head like she could see him. "Yup, keep coming straight I'm right here baby girl."

He sounded close so Iris hesitantly stretched her hand out in front of her. Allele took hold of her hand, gently pulling her slender body the little bit of distance, into his. He wrapped one arm around her waist, smirking down at her. "You gotta try and stop calling so much for me. Try and be independent."

She sighed, putting her forehead against his hard chest. "I know, I just get really panicky. I hate being blind..." she mumbled.

Allele lifted her chin up, staring into her face. She had grown up to be so beautiful, and she was his. 5'8 and still skinny as she had always been. Smooth caramel skin with a smile that could light up a room. Natural light brown hair that fell down to her shoulders and the sweetest personality that could melt the toughest nigga's heart.